DirecTV 14 Launched 3:40PM - DEC 6 Eastern Time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice. Who is doing 4K right now though?

4k Netflix looks really good but sports is where it's going to take off IMO. I've seen a few soccer games in 4k on YouTube and I can't stand soccer:)

I really hope you guys get to talk to Directv this year.

Nice to see the launch went smoothly and the satellite appears to be on track! I really want to see how much throughput they can get out of the reverse DBS band.

Nice to see the launch went smoothly and the satellite appears to be on track! I really want to see how much throughput they can get out of the reverse DBS band.

That's something that Directv is keeping close to the vest.

Looks like all is going well. The delayed launch set them back a couple days so probably can expect it to be settled in at 76W around the 16th. It is about 14 km below geostationary and moving east right now, placing it at 76W sometime tomorrow.

Reliable source at Nasaspaceflightnow is reporting DirecTV 15 piggybacked with SkyMexico -1 will launch in April. If so, DirecTV will have 2 new satellites with the new BSS 17/24 (reverse band) frequencies available for commercial service by mid year.

Reactions: raoul5788
Exciting times for Directv even though we are not sure exactly how these will be used.
4k is a good guess and exciting guess but certainly not the only one...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)