jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Update: Version 5717 is now the standard version on www.directv.com/directv2pc

You will need a serial number. If you do not have one, you will need to complete the entire download process for the regular version hosted at directv's site, the s/n is emailed after the download is started.

Updates to this Version:

Improved/Updated
Parental locking (lost in some situations)
TrickPlay on XP/SP3
Correction to freezing ATSC playback

Previous Version Updates:

New features
  • Video Acceleration when available
  • Support for Friendly Names
  • Offer "Retry" when content cannot be played due to HDCP support issue
  • Change activation key: when receiving "incorrect activation key"
  • New EULA (please read)
  • Prevent screen capture of D2PC app
  • Ability to connect to update server
  • Support for Windows 7 Activation
  • Support for Windows 7 RC1
  • Dual Monitor Support (Extension mode)
  • Always on Top
  • Codec download
  • Windows 7 Support

Improved/Updated
  • Trick Play
  • video / audio mismatch in FF mode
  • Lip sync issues
  • Server lookup/connection consistency
  • Parental: when no PIN, default setting is unlocked
  • Edge sharpness during playback in full screen
  • ATSC playback audio
  • Video lockup when changing audio/video several times
  • parental controls
  • refined "Download now" behavior
  • Closed Captioning
  • Improved playback when USB device in use
  • "Showcase" tab is now "Top Movies"
  • Improved video on stations with crawl
  • Improvements when parental lock on
  • Activation
  • DVR Friendly Names
  • Trickplay
  • Parental controls Frame Skips when clicking replay multiple times
  • Dual Monitor touch ups
  • Codecs
  • Under the hood
  • Updated messaging
  • Parental Controls
  • Remove 'beta' logo
  • Trick Play bar during in-progress recordings

Last edited:
This is still running very smoothly for me, using it more and more on my desktop and laptop. Obviously both have to be powerful machines, but if you have a very good and fairly recent computer, it is nice. Flawless on Windows 7 so far.

Okay never did see an answer to the previous posters question so how do I install the new version to manually update to the latest beta?

When I launch my older version I see the screen saying checking for updates but it doesn't see the new version. In the past when a new version came out I had to download the newer version and it would insist on uninstalling the older version and then would complain when I installed the newer versions and tried to use my keys saying the key was already used and I'd have to register with a new email to get a new key.

Now I'm out of email addresses to request another key but would like to try the newest edition. Any advice would be appreciated.

the same key works with all reinstalls lol.... and i believe the 'ability to contact update server' is new to this build, as in this is the last time you will have to download, reinstall, then uninstall the old version. and when the next version comes out after this one, theoretically it will update by itself.

Nope, I was able to run the install using my key. Then I launch the program and it asks to activate. I put in my key and it gives me the darn "Activation Key usage limit has been reached" and I had only use it one time with the older build grrr.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Create a free hotmail or gmail account, and apply for two new keys under that account. Forward both to your regular email. Use one now and leave the other one unread. When you need another one, you'll have it there ready to use.

After that, create another email account...

getting this error when testing:
do2rr8.png

Try seeing if you can get an updated audio driver for your sound card (or motherboard).

That fixed the problem for me.

I disabled my integrated optical audio and it works fine. good thing i only use analog on my PC.

The application is much better now. The new rig I built has a better CPU, but with GPU processing, I'm at 10% CPU usage on my Phenom II X3 720. I used to be at 100% on my Pentium D 820 with a ton of stutters on fast paced sequences. That was without GPU processing. I would have been able to run it fine on my old rig if I had ever downloaded the GPU processing probably. I'm just happy it works now, although I might download the CPU version sometime to see how much CPU usage it uses on my new CPU. /geek lol

Hum, I am getting the same audio HDCP error as post 11, but my audio is through HDMI with an ATI Radeon 4550 video card. The built-in audio on the PC has been disabled in BIOS so it was the only audio source listed and it shows as HDCP enabled when looking at the audio properties. Anyone run into that?

Hum, I am getting the same audio HDCP error as post 11, but my audio is through HDMI with an ATI Radeon 4550 video card. The built-in audio on the PC has been disabled in BIOS so it was the only audio source listed and it shows as HDCP enabled when looking at the audio properties. Anyone run into that?
For some reason it doesn't like digital outputs much. Try the latest catalyst drivers and see if it helps.

This purrs along fine for me for ten minutes or so and then quits with an update hardware error. I fail on Advisor as my ATI Radeon HD4650 1GB is newer than those listed. I do pass HDCP and am using the newest ATC CCC Drivers. I am running a quad-core i7-920 with 4GBs RAM. Audio is Optical off MB and Video is DVI. Don't know if I have a real problem or this is just some sort of hiccup that dumps me.

Strange thing for me... I had been running Windows 7 Pro and could never get playback to work due to a problem with the HDCP error for Audio. Two things have changed: Microsoft was kind enough to give me Ultimate for free and an Nvidia video driver update. Wish I could figure out which one was the fix, but I'm not complaining since it's been a long year of trying to get it up.

If you're using HDMI, the video driver update may have included a new hdmi audio driver for the video cards onboard audio. The ATI updates do.

it's been a long year of trying to get it up.

There are other technologies to help with those issues ;)

At least, so I've heard...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts