DirecTV 2013 Price Increases

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Exactly, the DVR fee is changing from $8 to $10. If you have the unbundled fees, HD is $10, DVR is $10, and Whole-Home is $3 for a total of $23. Right now you pay $21.

If you have the bundled "Advanced Receiver fee", it is currently $20 and will increase to $23.

So the $1 savings for newer customers is gone and all customers will pay $23 for the whole-home capable HD-DVR services.

In general, the fees on accounts with DVRs will go up $2 or $3.

$ 2-3 Per recvr ? or are we talking about the 1 time fee ?

I have the grandfathered TC+ still, I have NO IDEA what that equates to anymore.

Well I'm taking a Hit on Choice Ultimate,+$3
Advanced Fee +$3
HBO +$2
RSN Fee +$2.

Well thats a $10 increase.

So that Over 7.5% increase for me. Wow!

I wish I got a 7.5 % increase on my pay per year.

Whats even more sad, Is Dish with 2 hopper's and 2 Joeys with the almost the same programming is only $1 less.

I would Have to give up 3 tuners, MSG,MSG+,YES and SNY. To me its worth $1 for those to stay with Directv.:D

$ 2-3 Per recvr ? or are we talking about the 1 time fee ?

I have the grandfathered TC+ still, I have NO IDEA what that equates to anymore.

DVR Fee is per account, not per receiver, and changes from $8 to $10 monthly.

Going from memory, Total Choice Plus was made the same channels/price as Choice Xtra Classic last year, or a few years ago, but I could be wrong on that.

Total Choice non-plus is the only thing listed as different from Choice, they no longer list Total Choice Plus.

DVR Fee is per account, not per receiver, and changes from $8 to $10 monthly.

Going from memory, Total Choice Plus was made the same channels/price as Choice Xtra Classic last year, or a few years ago, but I could be wrong on that.

Total Choice non-plus is the only thing listed as different from Choice, they no longer list Total Choice Plus.

I thought thats what they were saying about the DVR Fee, so it's going up $2 for the account, at least they don't charge by the recvr ...

As for my Total Choice +, that turned into Choice+ was it ... I'm losing track of all the different packages out there ... so my DVR fee goes up, $2, any idea where I stand with price increase on the TC+ now ? I was like $63 or there abouts I think.

Imagine, this package when I started, was $40 or there abouts .... A sign of the times ...

Does anyone know what Select Choice is/will be? I've had Select, but I'm thinking that if they determine my package is choice I could be paying $4 more instead of $2 more.

I installed a nas this year (qnap) and I'm really thinking of cutting the cord and going online only. We don't watch that much TV anymore and what we do watch is mostly online.

Last edited:
I guess $5.00 isn't the end of world, just every bill is increasing but pay at home isn't. Pretty soon you'll need a payment plan (like Electric and Gas Company's offer) just to watch tv. (Choice Extra Classic Up $3.00 and DVR up $2.00.)

Yeah I do not quite get why they would raise the DVR fee again, since they just raised it like what 3-6 months ago. Lets just hope it does not reach the Comcast DVR fee, which in my area is like 17-18 dollars a month. All in all though, it does not look like the price increase is as steep as Dish.

they raised it last year from $6 to $7
Yeah Crapcast DVR is 17.95 here in Minneapolis. They raised it a $1 too

I installed a nas this year (qnap) and I'm really thinking of cutting the cord and going online only. We don't watch that much TV anymore and what we do watch is mostly online.

I'm debating it too (cutting the cord). I went through my series timers and remove the ones on locals I have like 8 or 9 from A&E and they have the episodes online. TruTV has full episodes and I can use my dad's login/password (they verify you have a package with TruTV in it) :)

Jumping from 1.5MB DSL at my old house to 12 (with the option to go to 40) here at the apartment has made me think more about it

I'm debating it too (cutting the cord). I went through my series timers and remove the ones on locals I have like 8 or 9 from A&E and they have the episodes online. TruTV has full episodes and I can use my dad's login/password (they verify you have a package with TruTV in it) :)

Jumping from 1.5MB DSL at my old house to 12 (with the option to go to 40) here at the apartment has made me think more about it

Of course, how much are you going to increase your Internet bill from previous to get what you want, VS the cost of your TV entertainment at the moment ?
If your going to pay $ 10 more p/m for internet, (say $ 5 more for D*) are you really saving money ?

I guess $5.00 isn't the end of world, just every bill is increasing but pay at home isn't. Pretty soon you'll need a payment plan (like Electric and Gas Company's offer) just to watch tv. (Choice Extra Classic Up $3.00 and DVR up $2.00.)

$5 a year increase is UNACCEPTABLE if they do it every year.

I have a spreadsheet of my Directv monthly expenses and its interesting at some pricing

3 years ago Choice Xtra was 63.99..DVR fee was $7
Feb 2011 Xtra went up $2
Last year it went up $3...DVR went up another $1
now this year another $3 for package and $2 for DVR

From reading this thread and the increase one on the Dish forum, it sounds like people are getting fed up enough to at least start going to lesser packages. If enough people actually start doing this, the channels in the higher priced packages are going to get less viewers. Maybe the providers can actually start getting rid of some of the lesser watched channels.
I really think something has to give eventually. T.V. is just getting way to expensive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)