DirecTV 2013 Price Increases

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just asking as I have a neighbor who is interested in going from comcast to direct and reviewing upcoming prices is the HD fee still waived after the promo period or has that changed, asking if HD access is free still?

HD Access is free for a time period, two years I think. They can ask for more after but no guarantee, there is currently no HD Free for Life offered that I know of.

HD Access is free for a time period, two years I think. They can ask for more after but no guarantee, there is currently no HD Free for Life offered that I know of.

Thanks for the help and this is a big help for the price increases on my package decisions :)

Last edited:
Keep in mind the free HD I'm talking about is new customers only.

It comes as a $10 credit toward the $20 Advanced Receiver Fee for 24 months. (soon to be $23).

*Advanced Receiver
fee $25/mo. reduced by a $2.00 bill credit for each month that Advanced Receiver fee is active during its promotional period. Typical promotional period's are 12 months
Month 1 $25
Month 2 $23
Month 3 $21
Month 3 $19
Month 4 $17
Month 5 $15
Month 6 $13
Month 7 $11
Month 8 $9
Month 9 $7
Month 10 $5
Month 11 $3
Month 12 $1

$169 total? Would this be a way to allow someone to order the box for free and just pay a monthly fee?

We're getting Directv service turned on on the 3rd of January. So does this mean we would be locked in for the two years at the current prices for our contract period since we are doing this before February or is Directv like DISH where they can adjust it in the middle of your contract period?

sundrop - that is not what they mean. It is $23/mo for the "promotional period" which is not defined that we know of, as they haven't used that verbage before in connection with a fee.

neutron - I think they'll lock the price for the first 12 months, I don't recall Directv giving a set price for more than a year. Signing up in January you could see the 2013 and 2014 increases hit your bill within a month of each other. I would call/chat and ask, but I do not recall any type of two year price lock.

sundrop - that is not what they mean. It is $23/mo for the "promotional period" which is not defined that we know of, as they haven't used that verbage before in connection with a fee.

neutron - I think they'll lock the price for the first 12 months, I don't recall Directv giving a set price for more than a year. Signing up in January you could see the 2013 and 2014 increases hit your bill within a month of each other. I would call/chat and ask, but I do not recall any type of two year price lock.

It's pointless asking via chat or calling as they tell me it's locked for two years.

I think your right Jason, My Sis was gonna sign up IF she could get the promo she liked thru 2 years, as she wouldn't be able to afford it the second year at the regular rate (actually they offered $10 off for year 2, but with her situation I didn't want to see her get stuck in a commitment and HOPE they would compensate her further in the 2nd year.

I know part of the promo price goes away in year 2 and it's not an issue as the monthly rate then would still be over $20 a month cheaper than what we pay for DISH now. I was just curious if I need to look at these price increases for us for any part of our term. We're getting the Entertainment programming and I see there's no increase there. The ADV fee is going up but it looks like $3 a month which is still better than the $6 a month I will see with DISH.

I'm not liking this increase... I'm on a contract as I just moved into a new house with 2 dvrs and 1 hd receiver... When exactly does this take effect as I am going to call and complain... cheaper to go to comcast [sine I already use them for internet since we have no fios here]. The only downfall of Comcast is no any room DVR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not liking this increase... I'm on a contract as I just moved into a new house with 2 dvrs and 1 hd receiver... When exactly does this take effect as I am going to call and complain... cheaper to go to comcast [sine I already use them for internet since we have no fios here]. The only downfall of Comcast is no any room DVR.

Usually, Feb/March

Go ahead and complain ...
Prices go up a little every year in all industries, your Comcast will go up as well.

Problem is Every provider, is about on par as far as price once the promos are over. And some have things others don't, and vise versa.

I think its time for someone to put a stop on Network inflation period.

cheaper to go to comcast

here is their "price increase" (at least here in Minneapolis. I'm sure most Comcast areas raised about the same)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2vlwkfd.jpg
    2vlwkfd.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 576
here is their "price increase" (at least here in Minneapolis. I'm sure most Comcast areas raised about the same)

So the HD DVR fee went up a buck AND each DVR also went up a buck ... (Comcast).

That would hinder me, with 4 dvrs, my increase would be at least $ 5 p/m, thats pretty substantial.

So the HD DVR fee went up a buck AND each DVR also went up a buck ... (Comcast).

That would hinder me, with 4 dvrs, my increase would be at least $ 5 p/m, thats pretty substantial.

I agree and waiting to see what Charter is going to come out with even though I will never go to them :)

Usually, Feb/March

Go ahead and complain ...
Prices go up a little every year in all industries, your Comcast will go up as well.

I called and got $10 off my bill for auto pay for year. Also they said to call when my premium movie services discount ends in feb to get more discounts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)