DirecTV 2013 Price Increases

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called and spoke to retention......nope
Once you leave the package you cant get it back...which is what I figured

I'm on the same plan and if I remember right when I called to cancel the other day the rep said I could restart everything if I did it before I sent my DVR back which is within their 21 day window. Not the same but sounds like he meant same plan.

Thats different. If you cancel your account completely then decide you didnt want to do that you can reactivate the account with Directv on that same plan (as your account would still show Xtra Classic)

If you move off of it you can't go back

This is interesting...and dont know if its true

I called D* to see if there was a fee if I changed my programming package more than once within 30 days. Like lets say drop to Entertainment (from say Ultimate) and in 2 weeks move up to Choice. No fees

But the rep mentioned something I've never heard before. He mentions I'm on an old plan (Choice Xtra Classic) and if I move off of it I can move back to it within 30 days. After that I can no longer get that package back. I've never heard of a "30 day" rule to get back on a grandfathered plan. Anybody else heard of this?

I wouldn't trust it.

Thats different. If you cancel your account completely then decide you didnt want to do that you can reactivate the account with Directv on that same plan (as your account would still show Xtra Classic)

If you move off of it you can't go back

That makes sense. Just out of curiosity why did you change? The classic is a better deal than anything they offer now.

That makes sense. Just out of curiosity why did you change? The classic is a better deal than anything they offer now.

havent changed yet but mulling it over. Money $$ is why
saving $$ is worth losing a couple channels that I kinda watch if nothing else on.

If History was in Select Classic I'd be over that right away. A&E & History are my 2 main non sports channels. TruTV kinda but some of the shows are getting really outrageous (like past "reality", past "scripted" and more into Jerry Springer Land) so if I dropped that no biggie

Give me those 2 and my RSN for the Twins games along with the locals and I'd be set (yeah I know....alacarte....puh-leeze so dont turn the thread into that)...ok maybe USA & SyFy for WWE too but there is a workaround for that ;)

so if I could say drop to Entertainment until April when the Twins start then go back to Choice there is $34 saved (17x2). With Speed now in Choice (was in Xtra until recently) that helps too as I watch Nascar

Well today after 3 years of having D* (and same plan) I downgraded to Entertainment for the time being

After looking at the options and channels I'd "miss" it is worth it for now
There really isn't a channel right now in Choice or Xtra where "oh my god I need it now". Sad part is most on the list are sports channels
BTN
ESPNU
MLB
CBS Sports
NBC Sports
FSN North
Speed

But I really am not a basketball fan so BTN is kinda useless til Spring when baseball shows up on there.
MLB Net is offseason so you can only see so much of hot stove stuff

The only thing I'll miss is the Wild games on FSNorth and NBCSPortsNet...but I guess I can go old school and listen to them on the radio :)
The only non sports channels really are GAC (but I have Country Network OTA) and VH1 Classic (really during the day when nothing is on)

So the $17 a month I'll save is worth it. I'll probably go back to Choice come April for the Twins games

I also today let go of my grandfathered retired package. Ive had choice extra classic or what ever it use to be called for years. But after the price finally caught up and passed the current package I said why hold on to it. I do hate that if I change back to choice extra Ill lose channels like NHL STYLE BOOMERANG and others but I do like the freedom now to change packages if I want. I said I think $6 more for all the Encores and The Movie Channels is not a bad deal.

The only channel that I'd care about going back to Xtra would be NHL Net

Like I say when all of my series timers are from the locals or 4 other stations (not including rasslin) why am I paying so much for TV?

Well today after 3 years of having D* (and same plan) I downgraded to Entertainment for the time being

After looking at the options and channels I'd "miss" it is worth it for now
There really isn't a channel right now in Choice or Xtra where "oh my god I need it now". Sad part is most on the list are sports channels
BTN
ESPNU
MLB
CBS Sports
NBC Sports
FSN North
Speed

But I really am not a basketball fan so BTN is kinda useless til Spring when baseball shows up on there.
MLB Net is offseason so you can only see so much of hot stove stuff

The only thing I'll miss is the Wild games on FSNorth and NBCSPortsNet...but I guess I can go old school and listen to them on the radio :)
The only non sports channels really are GAC (but I have Country Network OTA) and VH1 Classic (really during the day when nothing is on)

So the $17 a month I'll save is worth it. I'll probably go back to Choice come April for the Twins games

So, Choice, is the lowest you can go and still get your RSN, right ?

I tried to go to the D* website to verify this, but for some reason can't get on thier website, tried all three browsers, must be on thier end.

Last edited:
yes and no

Choice is the lowest that includes the RSN but you can add the sports pack to lower packages to get all the RSN's (including the local one)....I know Select can and Entertainment can too (shows an option for me). Interesting if you could add it to Family Pack ;)

Then the difference between the packages would have to be more than the cost of the sports pak to be worth it financially.

Then the difference between the packages would have to be more than the cost of the sports pak to be worth it financially.

correct. Where this would work well is the markets where you need the sports pack to get extra pro games.

What's interesting is I talked to a rep last night about the Select package and she said you can add the sports pack to ANY package as its a premium (like HBO)....I jokingly said "so I could have Family pack + sports pack then huh?" and she said yes
Too bad there were no promos for sports pack right now otherwise I'd add it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)