DIRECTV changing local channels in OHIO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Direct TV can give you SV, if indeed they really are SV. But they don't have to. There is nothing that makes Direct TV give SV,or prevents it, it's a business decision.

Here is the list for Carroll County OH;
Carroll
WTRF-TV, 7, Wheeling, WV
WTOV-TV, 9, Steubenville, OH (formerly WSTV)
WKYC-TV, 3, Cleveland, OH
WEWS-TV, 5, Cleveland, OH
WJW, 8, Cleveland, OH
+WOIO, 19, Shaker Heights, OH
KDKA-TV, 2, Pittsburgh, PA
WTAE-TV, 4, Pittsburgh, PA
WPXI, 11, Pittsburgh, PA (formerly WIIC)

What's strange, there is only one WV channel listed, yet the OP is said to be in the DMA for all of them. Note that the DMA stations for a County are also part of the list.

For my County, they list a SV network channel (ABC) very hard to get, but do not list one (NBC) that is actually easier to get than the one in the DMA in some areas.

I don't know what this list is, it certainly isn't the DirecTV one.

Direct TV can give you SV, if indeed they really are SV. But they don't have to. There is nothing that makes Direct TV give SV,or prevents it, it's a business decision.

Here is the list for Carroll County OH;
Carroll
WTRF-TV, 7, Wheeling, WV
WTOV-TV, 9, Steubenville, OH (formerly WSTV)

What's strange, there is only one WV channel listed, yet the OP is said to be in the DMA for all of them. Note that the DMA stations for a County are also part of the list.

Those 2 stations are the only 2 stations in that particular market. The 1st one has ABC & Fox as subchannels

My locals were switched back today from Lansing to Grand Rapids. It was clearly a glitch on Directv's end.

SV is a joke.. the "SV" station isn't shown in HD outside the DMA line, so the SV station is no longer V'ed S'ly by Directv viewers without AM21s.

Think of it this way, the FCC gives a list of what the satellite provider "can" offer. They also have requirements of what they MUST offer (local DMA assuming agreement with local station, or station is offered free under must carry agreement).

If the satellite carrier added extra SV stations to a local market, they would have to have an agreement with the SV station, and pay them more money.

In most cases an SV station would be a duplicate of a network, so the providers don't pursue this due to cost. The exception becomes where there is no local network affiliate for a market, or some other compelling reason.

From what I understand it is mostly a financial decision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)