Directv D14 live, directv D10 down (update: D10 now working)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satgirl51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
USA
Looks like directv d10 (103cb)has failed and the new d14 (99ca)just fired up and is broadcasting the old d10 channels from what I read on another site.

Reactions: mario315
According to KyL416 on the other site

All 103cb transponders are 0

99ca TPN 11 (TID 010):
NUM - NAME - VPID
204 - HLNHD - 1040
232 - COOKHD - 1030
238 - REELZHD - 1060
271 - H2HD - 1020
564 - IFCHD - 1010
694 - FSSDHD - 1050

99ca TPN 13 (TID 012):
NUM - NAME - VPID
275 - QVCHD - 1040
279 - OWNHD - 1010
305 - IONEHD - 1020
404 - GALAHD - 1030
576 - PBTVHD - 1510

99ca TPN 15 (TID 014):
NUM - NAME - VPID
111 - IACHD - 1050
342 - FUSNHD - 1030
611 - SECHD - 1010
677 - LHNHD - 1020

99ca TPN 19 (TID 018):
264 - BBCAHD - 1060
276 - NGCHD - 1010
285 - IDHD - 1050
286 - DESTHD -

Reactions: mario315
DirecTV loses a satellite (D10) today, the biggest news (ever ?) to hit DirecTV and the Satellite Guys site is AWOL ???..... We have to dig into a Forum to hear about it from another member ?....

Before I read this, I spent 2 hours this afternoon re-setting my receiver, checking LNB connectors, and re-booting the multi-switch..... Totally messed up all my Crestron DM settings.....

To say the least, this MAJOR news should have been on the Sat Guys FRONT PAGE alerting all its members as soon as it happened..... I mean, how many times has DirectTV had a satellite (in operation) die on them ? ...

DirecTV loses a satellite (D10) today, the biggest news (ever ?) to hit DirecTV and the Satellite Guys site is AWOL ???..... We have to dig into a Forum to hear about it from another member ?....

Before I read this, I spent 2 hours this afternoon re-setting my receiver, checking LNB connectors, and re-booting the multi-switch..... Totally messed up all my Crestron DM settings.....

To say the least, this MAJOR news should have been on the Sat Guys FRONT PAGE alerting all its members as soon as it happened..... I mean, how many times has DirectTV had a satellite (in operation) die on them ? ...
Did D* lose channels today ?
If Not, how/why would anyone know ?

A quick look around shows this being discussed in several different threads starting early this afternoon ... so Yes, it's being reported.
As for on the Front page .... thats up to the Staff.

Yes they still have some missing, they lost every HD channel off 103cb for many hours....

They showed searching for satellite for first hour then a technical difficulties banner up until they switched over to d14 and d11

Yes they still have some missing, they lost every HD channel off 103cb for many hours....
Interesting ... must not be any channels I was watching today ...
I just happened to check my Signal Strength and noticed as mentioned the 103
cb is down, I also noticed that the other Sats are actually a bit Higher than I normally may have, which is interesting ... I'm usually in the low to mid 90's and now I'm about 95 and up.

Also seeing that 99ca is very spotty, 4 showing 95-96 while the rest are zero with the odds showing 96 with the exception being 17.

A quick look around shows this being discussed in several different threads starting early this afternoon ... so Yes, it's being reported.
As for on the Front page .... thats up to the Staff.

Are you kidding ???.... One of DTV's major birds (D10) died today unexpectedly.... More than 40 HD channels disappeared before 2PM (ET) today, not including another 15 PPV HD channels , for a total of 55 HD channels.... It is now close to 1AM (ET) and there are still over 30 HD channels off the air.....

As far as I can tell, this has never happened to DirecTV..... This will make national news soon..... We should not have to dig inside Sat Guys forums for this major development...... It should have been on the twitter feed, front page, etc....

The country's largest satellite carrier has major catastrophic failure and the leading satellite news website (SatGuys) has a "Watch ESPN" headline one the front page as the biggest story around.... Come on !!!

Are you kidding ???.... One of DTV's major birds (D10) died today unexpectedly.... More than 40 HD channels disappeared before 2PM (ET) today, not including another 15 PPV HD channels , for a total of 55 HD channels.... It is now close to 1AM (ET) and there are still over 30 HD channels off the air.....

As far as I can tell, this has never happened to DirecTV..... This will make national news soon..... We should not have to dig inside Sat Guys forums for this major development...... It should have been on the twitter feed, front page, etc....

The country's largest satellite carrier has major catastrophic failure and the leading satellite news website (SatGuys) has a "Watch ESPN" headline one the front page as the biggest story around.... Come on !!!
Again, it's not my call.

Fwiw, had it been on the Home page, I would not have seen it either ... I rarely ever go to the Home page.

Was this all over the National news ? NOPE.
Still haven't heard anything about it on a National outlet.

D* did send out emails to let people know about it though.

Again, it's not my call.

Fwiw, had it been on the Home page, I would not have seen it either ... I rarely ever go to the Home page.

Was this all over the National news ? NOPE.
Still haven't heard anything about it on a National outlet.

D* did send out emails to let people know about it though.

Lol! Well I don't think it is national news worthy as directv is trying its best not to let this impact its customers to badly.

I think his main point was this is probably "Satellite" (key word here) forum front page material. But again as you said not your call just interesting non the less.

This is a C & P from a poster at another forum who is doing a great job following this issue. D14 transponders are still firing up and taking on more of D10's load.

KyL416 said:
The current list:

99ca TPN 11 (TID 010):
NUM - NAME - VPID
204 - HLNHD - 1040
232 - COOKHD - 1030
238 - REELZHD - 1060
271 - H2HD - 1020
564 - IFCHD - 1010
694 - FSSDHD - 1050

99ca TPN 13 (TID 012):
NUM - NAME - VPID
275 - QVCHD - 1040
279 - OWNHD - 1010
305 - IONEHD - 1020
404 - GALAHD - 1030
576 - PBTVHD - 1510

99ca TPN 15 (TID 014):
NUM - NAME - VPID
111 - IACHD - 1050
342 - FUSNHD - 1030
611 - SECHD - 1010
677 - LHNHD - 1020

99ca TPN 17 (TID 016):
NUM - NAME - VPID
205 - SMXHD - 1070
274 - OVTVHD - 1030
505 - HBO2wHD - 1010
516 - MAXwHD - 1040
541 - EACTHD - 1020

99ca TPN 19 (TID 018):
NUM - NAME - VPID
264 - BBCAHD - 1060
276 - NGCHD - 1010
285 - IDHD - 1050
286 - DESTHD - 1030

99ca TPN 21 (TID 020):
NUM - NAME - VPID
230 - DIYHD - 1020
266 - FYIHD - 1060
283 - NGWHD - 1050
304 - TVLDHD - 1040
356 - mnbcHD - 1010
654 - FSFLHD - 1030

99ca TPN 23 (TID 022)
NUM - NAME - VPID
256 - TCMHD - 1050
289 - DSJRHD - 1020
333 - MTV2HD - 1040
362 - WEAHD - 1010
674 - RTSWHD - 1030

The following channels are now pointing to information the Slate instead of a HD cinema channel:
Bloomberg HD
NBC Universo HD
Univision Deportes HD
TWC Deportes HD

The offline channels are still pointed to the feed on 103cb

Cinema 3D has been moved to 103ca TID 018 VPID 1700

Most of the alternates should be available for this very busy weekend in sports.

Lol! Well I don't think it is national news worthy as directv is trying its best not to let this impact its customers to badly.

I think his main point was this is probably "Satellite" (key word here) forum front page material. But again as you said not your call just interesting non the less.
I do find it interesting that I watched TV all last night live and didn't come across a channel that was down... I'm sure it was just dumb luck as I watched the Nascar race last night and fell asleep ... when I woke up I came here and found out about the failure.

It's interesting that the guy complaining about it not being on the Front page, has membership and was able to find out about it just fine.

That said. Yes I think there should have been some info about it on the front page.

Fwiw, that Other site doesn't have anything about it either on their Front page.
I just went there for the 1st time in years for a brief look.

Also it appears D10 only had 10 active conus transponders broadcasting channels, probably due to its past issues it wasn't being fully utilized and as many know been a dud since launched.

D14 should add 16 conus transponders so even with the D10 failure there is a little extra room for a few new HD channels, just not what we had hoped. Luckily D15 launches very soon and will take D10's place.

Hopefully D10 can be partially repaired and be turned into an emergency spare or something

Directv got lucky I suppose D14 was ready to go or all channels listed would have probably be missing in HD and would have just had the the SD versions

Last edited:
Hard to say if D10 died or if it was a planned transition that they had some trouble with. If it died they are lucky D14 was ready to go. If it was a transition, they didn't execute it very well. Eventually if the satellite did fail Directv will likely disclose it as part of an earnings release as those are large assets to write off early vs normal depreciation.

The timing is just odd for a failure, if it was D10 failing, they were very lucky to have D14 in orbit and ready when they did.

Hard to say if D10 died or if it was a planned transition that they had some trouble with. If it died they are lucky D14 was ready to go. If it was a transition, they didn't execute it very well. Eventually if the satellite did fail Directv will likely disclose it as part of an earnings release as those are large assets to write off early vs normal depreciation.

The timing is just odd for a failure, if it was D10 failing, they were very lucky to have D14 in orbit and ready when they did.

Apparently some one in the know on the other forum stated it lost power and was a totally unexpected failure

I did get the D* email this AM.

It is also odd that D10 coincidentally failed as soon as the other one was ready. I'll wait to see what exactly has happened because some of the people at DBS are full of shat.

Reactions: satgirl51
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)