Directv doesn't want a HR-24-100 receiver back?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had the same thing happy yesterday. My HR 24 hard drive died and they tell me they only want the access card back

When I was working as a CSR, I noticed that IRDs were non-recoverable if the following conditions were met:

IRD has been active for 2+ years for Advanced Products, 1+ for standard
Failure for Code 21 or 17 (and others) in some cases on 22 and 21 models, rarely 23 and 24s
Multiple prior service calls
Refurb units (all of the H23s, HR24s and H25s on my truck are refurb, fyi, and I ran in to a refurb HR44 last week)
IRD will not turn on
I've had a few with noisy fans that the system didn't want returned, guessing it was related to one of the reasons above
Same goes for a few with display issues.

I think I've actually had to go over the equipment return policy less than I've had to explain to customers that they don't have to return their stuff. OMS (the ordering system) and RIO (the accounts manager) don't make as many mistakes on returning hardware as they used to, so you can be fairly comfortable knowing that if a rep says they don't want it back, that's not going to change in a month. I still recommend keeping the stuff, though, and when I do a swap for any reason, I take everything back to the office to RMA, whether it is 2 years or 12 years old.

When I cancelled D* back in April the CSR said they didn't want any of my receivers back (HR24, H23, and H21). A few days later a box arrived with a note that they wanted the HR24 and the H23. They only wanted the access card for the H21. Apparently CSRs don't always have the most up to date info (go figure!). Hang on to the unit to make sure they don't send a recovery box to you.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When I cancelled D* back in April the CSR said they didn't want any of my receivers back (HR24, H23, and H21). A few days later a box arrived with a note that they wanted the HR24 and the H23. They only wanted the access card for the H21. Apparently CSRs don't always have the most up to date info (go figure!). Hang on to the unit to make sure they don't send a recovery box to you.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Cancellation is different than ERP. The recovery flag may change after the account has been totally closed in order to recoup potential losses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)