DIRECTV One of 5 Brands that could Disappear in Next Year? (MSN Money)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
AT&T’s plan to buy satellite TV giant DirecTV (DTV) is an example of a broadband carrier trying to extend its reach into American households. AT&T’s (Thttp://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/fi-126.1.T.NYS?symbol=T&form=PRFIEQ) U-verse TV product has only been modestly successful. It has 6.1 million customers as of the most recent quarter, versus DirecTV’s 20 million in the U.S. and over 32 million globally.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstocks/5-brands-that-could-disappear-in-2015/ss-BBgl9Y7#image=5

If merger goes through not only will name be dead,company may be as well.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the merger goes through, the Directv brand name will be staying for quite some time. ATT wont change it because it has such a positive influence within the marketplace already. Directv will stay Directv even though ATT owns it. ATT doesn't want the negativity associated with the ATT brand to effect the Directv brand. I don't see it going away or any change coming to it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
From what Directv is telling us Directv name is staying. You will be able to bundle Directv, Internet and mobile phone service. AT&T want to run high speed internet to rural areas.

AT&T wants to run high speed into rural areas?Since when? lol They have resisted it tooth and nail.

I don't seem them dropping the DirecTV name -- far more likely is the name stays the same but the D swoosh logo changes to the AT&T deathstar next to DirecTV...

AT&T want to run high speed internet to rural areas.

Please, in my sub-division, they are in the block across the street from my but not in mine, the reason, they have above ground wiring we have underground, they don't want to spend the money re-wiring my area because of the extra expense.

That news came straight from our Township Supervisor when he was going door to door looking for votes during the last election and guess what I asked him.

Just keep in mind that when AT&T bought Cingular. They kept the Cingular name for a short while, then slowly began to phase it out into the AT&T name. In fact, they first turned all AT&T products into Cingular, then reverted all of those products and the Cingular products over to AT&T.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts