DirecTV remote/PS3 control?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HookemNovo

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Pflugerville, TX
Hello everyone, I'm new as a poster but have visited this forum a few times when looking for answers that I can't easily get from DirecTV.

I've got a question about something that I'm hoping someone on here has tried... can the DirecTV remote be programmed to serve as a DVD remote for the PS3?

I only have 2 HDMI inputs on my tv, and disconnected my DVD player (which was a POS anyway) in order to connect my PS3, and am finding using the controller to control DVD/Blu-ray playback a little annoying, and I'm debating whether or not I should go buy the remote put out by Sony.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the directv remote will not work for the PS3. The ps3 uses bluetooth. And depending on which remote you have its RF and infared.

i'd throw a post in the Blu-Ray forum asking what people are using for remotes for their PS3s.

The PS3 out of the box has no IR receiver, so the DirecTV remote can not be programmed for the box, the controllers and 1st party remotes are Bluetooth.

Via dongles and whatnot people have gotten Harmony and other universal remotes working, but I am not familiar with those solutions.

You could buy the PS3 remote from a gaming store like Gamestop for ~$30.

I have found that it's easier to manipulate than the controller.

Via dongles and whatnot people have gotten Harmony and other universal remotes working, but I am not familiar with those solutions.
I bought the remote with dongle from GameStop, and now am able to control the PS3 via my Harmony remote. Not sure if you'd be able to get it to work with the DirecTV remote or not.

This is what I got at GameStop for $20: Amazon.com: PlayStation 3 Blu Wave Remote: Video Games

41GNAmYnfsL._AA280_.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)