DirecTV Retransmission Consent Dispute with Raycom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember when DirecTV's slogan used to be "Somebody up there loves you! DirecTV!"
They should change it to "Make your checks payable to DirecTV!"

I have become so unsatisfied with modern cable and satellite. Fewer real selections, at much higher prices. Right now we (my family and I) are paying them $100+ per month for the privilege of losing some of our favorite channels.
Well, you mentioned being dissatisfied with Sat and Cable, if your paying $100 + you must watch more than channels you get OTA ...
What other options do you have ... sure, you can try doing the internet (Netflix, Hulu), but you won't see anything current ... I personally watch Current stuff, you can get repeats anywhere.

Based on my zip, 44041, I am not eligible for DNS from NY or LA because D* provides local channels in my market. If they are unable to offer the local affiliate, and I am out of reception range of the CBS channel, will they then be able to offer my the NY and or LA feed, for a fee?

If not, will they waive the ETF?

I really haven't heard much about the Raycom dispute, that said, today IS the Drop Dead date, August 31st.

As of right now, I still have my CBS channel in Toledo.

IF they take it off on the 31st, I would think it would be after midnight, Have you guys any experience with it, does it happen at midnight, or sometime in the early AM ?

The local Fox channel had a editorial last night about this. The stationed manager gave it and talked bad about Directv (I'm sure from higher ups).
I wonder if the same will be said about Directv when a deal is done.
Probably will only be out a few days if that long.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The local Fox channel had a editorial last night about this. The stationed manager gave it and talked bad about Directv (I'm sure from higher ups).
I wonder if the same will be said about Directv when a deal is done.
Probably will only be out a few days if that long.

I really don't expect them to be taken off as D* has had a very good track record in these issues, but well see in the AM I guess ...

I have OTA as well, so I won't miss the programming, but like to see whats happening anyways.

I don't have twiitter or facebook.

Well, you mentioned being dissatisfied with Sat and Cable, if your paying $100 + you must watch more than channels you get OTA ...
What other options do you have ... sure, you can try doing the internet (Netflix, Hulu), but you won't see anything current ... I personally watch Current stuff, you can get repeats anywhere.

It's not really my choice, it's the family choice. I watch Netflix and am quite happy with that. I might watch one or two satellite channels, but I'm not really a prime time TV watcher. The package we get is DirecTV Choice. It's 150 channels for $120 a month, and believe it or not, we only have that package because it has Turner Classic Movies. If my family didn't love that channel so much, we'd be paying $30 less per month, because I'd kick us down to the Entertainment package. Of course, the most expensive cost is the equipment fees. We have the Genie HD-DVR, so we pay $32 a month just for that, as well as $8 for the protection service. We have used that already, when last year our six month old HD DVR receiver went kablooey, so I'm loathe to give that up, because I know my luck.

It's just, you know, when did it become so expensive to have some TV channels? Out of the 150 channels we have, 130 of them are useless fluff no one watches. Sorry about the rant, it's just that this whole WXIX thing is frustrating.

It's not really my choice, it's the family choice. I watch Netflix and am quite happy with that. I might watch one or two satellite channels, but I'm not really a prime time TV watcher. The package we get is DirecTV Choice. It's 150 channels for $120 a month, and believe it or not, we only have that package because it has Turner Classic Movies. If my family didn't love that channel so much, we'd be paying $30 less per month, because I'd kick us down to the Entertainment package. Of course, the most expensive cost is the equipment fees. We have the Genie HD-DVR, so we pay $32 a month just for that, as well as $8 for the protection service. We have used that already, when last year our six month old HD DVR receiver went kablooey, so I'm loathe to give that up, because I know my luck.

It's just, you know, when did it become so expensive to have some TV channels? Out of the 150 channels we have, 130 of them are useless fluff no one watches. Sorry about the rant, it's just that this whole WXIX thing is frustrating.
There NO WAY you pay $32 for the Genie.

Well, as of right now, CBS has been pulled off my locals from D* thru Raycom.

Remember, this is Raycom removing the channels, not D*.

I did not think this was going to happen, but it has, now well see how long it takes till an agreement takes place.

Fwiw, the new Fall Season doesn't start till about the 3rd week in Sept, so I could see it lasting that long, but lets hope it doesn't.

------

Edit to add information and links about the Raycom station removal:

Raycom local stations were removed from DirecTV as noted above 9/1/14.

For a statement from DirecTV:
http://directvpromise.com/keeping-you-connected-to-your-local-stations/

For a statement from Raycom:
http://www.raycommedia.com/news/140901.htm

and a list of local stations operated by Raycom:
http://www.raycommedia.com/companies/

Last edited by a moderator:

I did not think this was going to happen, but it has, now well see how long it takes till an agreement takes place.

Fwiw, the new Fall Season doesn't start till about the 3rd week in Sept, so I could see it lasting that long, but lets hope it doesn't.

Yep WVUE-Fox 8 is dark now, I was watching Burn Notice just to see if it was actually going to happen.

Thee new fall season may not start until the 22nd, but Football starts next Sunday (or this Thurs for the NBC affiliates). I would guess it this should be solved sometime this week (preferably before Sunday Night Football this Thursday).

Also I wonder if Hearst ever solved their dispute with Cox, since their contract was up tonight too.

Right about now DNS is wonderful.

Not to mention the NFL season and College Football starting this week and next.

What does it tell you when dish isn't the only one to have local channels go dark? Tells me its way past time for some major changes.

The local Raycom station (19XIX) had the exclusive on coverage of the annual fireworks show on the riverfront where nearly a half million people show up to watch. Looking at comments on their facebook page, many people are blaming the station, not DirecTV for blocking the coverage of the event. At least it seems most people get it. It's the stations asking for more and more, not the carriers who take stations off their service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)