Directv SWM Please Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Im pointing my dish and im only getting reception on transponders 22,23,25,26,27,28,30,31,32. Would it be an LNB problem?

No where near enough information. What equipment do you have, was it working before? What signal strengths are you getting on the other satellites?

No where near enough information. What equipment do you have, was it working before? What signal strengths are you getting on the other satellites?
Was working, but cutting out constantly. It is a SWM5. Not getting anything on any other satellites. On Superbuddy it is 95 signal strength on 101.

No,not an LNB problem, you are pointed at the 119 satellite instead of 101. Move the dish about 25 degrees to the left, then slowly scan back until you get 101. Then peak the 101 signals.

No,not an LNB problem, you are pointed at the 119 satellite instead of 101. Move the dish about 25 degrees to the left, then slowly scan back until you get 101. Then peak the 101 signals.
I tried that and I get nothing. Would it still be showing that good of signal on the Superbuddy as 101? On 119 it shows all 0's.

Like texasbrit mentioned, you are probably pointing at 119 instead of 101. What is your zip code, and are you using the settings shown on the screen?

You also may have to drop the elevation about 5-7 degrees.

This is a common mistake I'm sure every professional tech has made at least once.

You also may have to drop the elevation about 5-7 degrees.

This is a common mistake I'm sure every professional tech has made at least once.
Most techs only work in a standard area.... in my area the elevation is 36... always.. it might move a degree or two after dithering... but I highly doubt ever 5 to 7.. but anything could be off in this case... I still think bad lnb due to the dB rating given.. also from the sq on the transponders that are working.

Most techs only work in a standard area.... in my area the elevation is 36... always.. it might move a degree or two after dithering... but I highly doubt ever 5 to 7.. but anything could be off in this case... I still think bad lnb due to the dB rating given.. also from the sq on the transponders that are working.

Mine is 33 for the 101 and 37 for the 119 but I have better luck putting it at 35 when I am putting the back assembly on. I thought the difference to the 119 was farther but I had to go look it up. The dB sounds like what I have got when I locked on the 119 on accident before. The transponder readings almost exactly match what the 119 will show. I just took this on my setup at home. The difference between OPs 0 on 24 and mine on 23 may be due to spot beams.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418440080.567327.jpg

Mine is 33 for the 101 and 37 for the 119 but I have better luck putting it at 35 when I am putting the back assembly on. I thought the difference to the 119 was farther but I had to go look it up. The dB sounds like what I have got when I locked on the 119 on accident before. The transponder readings almost exactly match what the 119 will show. I just took this on my setup at home. The difference between OPs 0 on 24 and mine on 23 may be due to spot beams.

View attachment 103281
Are you sure you didn't mix up the 101 and 119 elevations there? That would tilt the dish in the wrong direction... the 119 is lower in the sky than the 101.

The 119 is 24 here...

Are you sure you didn't mix up the 101 and 119 elevations there? That would tilt the dish in the wrong direction... the 119 is lower in the sky than the 101.

Ohhh, I think we are both forgetting something, the 119 would be lower if you are on the east coast, I'm on the west coast.

Yea... I've never worked anywhere besides NY NJ CT and PA though. But I'm not sure how I didn't think about that logically.

OR, WA, ID, NV, CA. I was in VA last month and couldn't figure out why all the ODUs looked strange until I realized the tilt was almost completely opposite of what I usually do.

That said, OP, it would be ideal to get your zip code because the differences between the 101 and 119 can vary significantly depending on where you are. With that we can give you an accurate elevation, azimuth and tilt. Definitely sounds to me like you are on the 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)