DirecTV with Tivo - what's required?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What kind of receiver do you already have? If you don't have a 1-cable SWM LNB,but have the old 4-cable LNB,you'll need 2 broadband converters because you'll need to run 2 cables to your THR22 DirecTiVo DVR unlike only needing 1 cable running to your THR22 with a SWM LNB.
You'll also run the risk of a barrage of posters saying,"NO!!!!!!!!! Don't do it,don't get a DirecTiVo DVR" on this thread. Getting a THR22 is considered a big step backward because if you have whole home DVR,you'll lose that function where you can't see recordings on both DVR's. Have you considered just upgrading one of your DVR's to a (hopefully HR44) Genie?

NNNOOOOOOO DAMN THAT BOX. It needs to be destroyed already... seriously it's a piece of garbage compared to a hr24 or the newer tivos

And by newer tivo I mean on cable not dtv.

After tons of frustration with our receiver deleting stuff on it's own, (read about it here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dvr-records-deletes-on-its-own-please-help.341370/) I read that with the Tivo receiver, we can retrieve deleted programs from the history. I was wondering what's required? We have a Slimline 5 dish. Would we need a new dish? Is an internet connection required? What about fees?

Thank you.

So just to clarify, you are having these problems and have never connected to the Internet. Correct?
EDIT: I did, but then disconnected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)