DIRECTV’s Chief Accounting Officer Resigns

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DirecTV said Tuesday in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that senior vice president and Chief Accounting Officer John Murphy has submitted his resignation, effective Aug. 14, to “pursue other career opportunities.”

DirecTV said in a statement that executive vice president and chief financial officer Patrick Doyle will also serve as chief accounting officer upon Murphy’s resignation. Doyle, 58, has served as EVP since 2008 and as CFO since 2007. Doyle has been with DirecTV since 1992 and is a certified public accountant.

multichannel.com

Attachments

• SEC Filling 7-29-14.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 192
It's always AT&T's fault, soon other top heads will resign, This does not look good already while the acquisition is still being processed.

It's always AT&T's fault, soon other top heads will resign, This does not look good already while the acquisition is still being processed.
An opportunity may have presented itself to Mr. Murphy and he would probably have been on the short-timer's list anyway.

I've never really understood the need to have a CFO and a CAO but I've never operated in a company as large as DIRECTV.

I've never really understood the need to have a CFO and a CAO but I've never operated in a company as large as DIRECTV.

Having come from a larger company that previously owned DIRECTV, the CFO is usually more strategy focused as opposed to the CAO which is more accounting focused. Strategy vs accounting correctness if that helps. You also have the segregation of duties, which lets the CFO fire the CAO if the accounting gets messed up!

Having come from a larger company that previously owned DIRECTV, the CFO is usually more strategy focused as opposed to the CAO which is more accounting focused. Strategy vs accounting correctness if that helps. You also have the segregation of duties, which lets the CFO fire the CAO if the accounting gets messed up!
This makes some sense. I couldn't live with the dark magic of finance but bookkeeping is something that doesn't keep me up at night wondering if it is going to backfire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)