Disgusted with Comcast Programming

KAC

Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
It amazes me that Comcast charges customers for its cable TV services.

Out of my continued frustration with Comcast’s very limited available programming, while checking the listings this morning (SW Florida area), I totaled up the channels with "Paid Programming"; 24 out of the 71 channels available - that's nearly 34% ! Our choices of programming are extremely limited with Comcast's "basic" service.

Comcast markets "There's Always Tons to Watch on Comcast". That of course is if their customers "up sell" to the numerous, costly add-on services. I've tried the "full package" in the past - absorbanently expensive, and yet still very limited on programming - multiple movie channels that all play the same movies, just on different days or weeks, over and over. "On Demand" - another expensive option. Forty-five commercial free MUSIC CHANNELS - give me a break. I, like probably most people, have a stereo system that has many more options and sounds phenomenally better than my computer.

I'm disgusted with the transition, I should say deterioration, of cable networking over the years.

I would imagine that Comcast has received other comments such as mine and those probably won't get much attention either but I've at least found another place with your Forum page to vent my frustrations.

I'm going to try out Satellite TV next but not yet with much expectation.

KAC

unfortunatly all thee do the same thing. Dish offers on its full page add 19.99 and have it surrounded with 200 plus channels and hd but to acually get hd 200pkg you with basic hd dvr sec receiver for a 2nd hdtv will end up costing over 80.00 mo. without hbo ect. same with direct tv all want you under contract. ive found pay tv to be structured to max the customer out . Its a buisness to make money but all three, cable dtv dish there packages and bundles will have many option to you at a ocourse a little more money per month.

The paid programming is a provider issue, and not Comcast's fault. A lot of the channels don't do 24/7. The paid programming is an alternative to "off the air".

Can't argue too much about the rates, except that both of the satellite providers do offer entry level packs that are less expensive than ricradar indicates. You do have to be careful about the hidden fees though, especially with DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts