Dish 1000+ Questions

7thton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I just confirmed that the Dish installers will be using a Dish 1000+ for my install.

Does anyone know if this dish fits on a normal sized mast? I have a DirecTV oval dish (3 lnb) currently...will the installers be able to use the same mast?

Also, I know that a DPP44 multi switch has to be used. Is this a powered switch? If so (I have no experience with them), how does the installation of that work? Does a run of RG6 go from a power outlet to the switch? Do these run hot?

I just confirmed that the Dish installers will be using a Dish 1000+ for my install.

Does anyone know if this dish fits on a normal sized mast? I have a DirecTV oval dish (3 lnb) currently...will the installers be able to use the same mast?

Also, I know that a DPP44 multi switch has to be used. Is this a powered switch? If so (I have no experience with them), how does the installation of that work? Does a run of RG6 go from a power outlet to the switch? Do these run hot?
I believe the DPP44 recieves its power from the reciever box.

DPP44 uses a separate power inserter that needs to be connected to switch output port number one. Also, the Dish 1000+ is very heavy and can be too heavy in a windy condition to survive on your existing mount. That is why Dish recommends using a specially strengthened mount that is the same size but uses heavier weight steel.

dish response to local on the 8's

Fabulous ViP622 Intstall Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)