Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just don't understand how they say one thing today and the opposite the next day. Scott may have a personal affinity for Mr. Beck and therefore that channel but how does Dish balance that with the lost of AMC...

Will bet this channels gets watched more on a weekly basis than AMC.

I guess adding a channel is good? but what about fearnet for Gpollock?
Sorry, not too excited about this new addition. Ho hum.
Yeah... typically I don't get angry when a new channel is added. But happy I'm not helping to pay for it, like Fox News. :)
mitchflorida said:
My guess is that this channel will get much higher ratings than Current, which is on the flip-side politically. Much higher.
Yes and no. I'd expect this channel to get higher ratings than Current. No, Current is hardly the flip-side, that'd be a Moore-Coulter false equivalency.

Now on that note a word of warning to all members... we have a strict No Politics Rule here in the public forums of SatelliteGuys, so please do not turn this thread political or it will be closed.
That's quite a good policy for board like this! :)

I'm looking forward to TheBlaze on Dish although many subs would disagree. But what we really need is a la carte programming choices. Then if you don't want it you don't have to pay for it. Let a free market decide.

This channel is probably very low cost, or even pays Dish for carriage (probably not cash but perhaps free with free Dish commercial insertion). So, for Dish it is a no brainer to add this channel. They will have a die hard fan base. It is probably like a shopping channel.

Those that go crazy even seeing it in the guide can simply lock it so that it vanishes, never to be seen again...

According to the NYT item linked earlier in this thread, Dish is "paying a small per-subscriber fee to carry The Blaze". Below AT250, it costs $5 per month as an a-la-carte add on. I'll bet some of that $5 will go to offset the fee.

its on the dish site now too under "specialty packages"

from the dish site....

Glenn Beck's TheBlaze is a news, information & entertainment network dedicated to delivering high quality programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The exclusive provider of Glenn's daily television broadcast, TheBlaze also offers a full slate of thought provoking news shows, provocative documentaries, family-friendly reality programs and other original specials covering a range of entertaining and enlightening topics. TheBlaze is the only network where you can find the facts and stories you care about most. TheBlaze -Truth Lives Here. $5/month

Why when a channel is added do some think Dish adds it instead of some other channel? As pointed out cost is a factor, but so is their demand where it be carried or if other channels have to be carried. I also think sometimes our perception of subscriber demand may not always be correct. I think Dish carrying it is bigger for Blaze than for Dish but being able to offer it just in the top250 probably is what Dish wanted. Probably no cost increase to subscribers. I can't really gauge how much interest there is for Glenn Beck or this channel but his radio show has good ratings.

Sure and again no increase to subscribers. Unless they choose to get it. Betting it will not add to any price increase.

THEBLAZE IS NOW ON DISH – CHANNEL 212
TheBlaze is now available on DISH.In addition to being one of the largest streaming networks in the world, TheBlaze is now available to DISH subscribers on Channel 212. DISH subscribers can now watch Glenn’s daily television broadcast and a full slate of thought provoking news shows, provocative documentaries, family-friendly reality programs and other original specials covering a myriad of topics. TheBlaze is the only network where you can find the stories you care about most. For more information on TheBlaze on DISH call 888-675-6174.
http://www.theblaze.com/dish/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)