Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Similar to what DISH has done with the Heartland package, I'd love to see them create a Business and Information (News) package for $5/month. It could include The Blaze, Current, Bloomberg (not sure if DISH offers Bloomberg), Fox Business Network, and MSNBC. It would be channels that are not all included until you get to the AT250 level.

According to the NYT item linked earlier in this thread, Dish is "paying a small per-subscriber fee to carry The Blaze". Below AT250, it costs $5 per month as an a-la-carte add on. I'll bet some of that $5 will go to offset the fee.

I am hearing that Dish is paying less than 10 cents a month for the channel. Should be a big money maker for Dish if people upgrade to Top 250.

If Charlie had his way he'd be paying the 10c rate for all premium Channels, I for one am glad this channel was added, with a majority of all the networks and media channels slanted towards the left, there needs to be some right slant somewhere other than Fox News.

I rarely if ever watch any news channels.Listen to npr on the radio and gather the rest online.Reason being they are all so skewed one way or the other.What I find funny is I heard an excerpt from an interview about Obama and,he stated he doesn't watch any of the cable news networks, because they are toxic.That is one thing we can both agree with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked it out. I wanted to see what they would populate the channel with content wise besides Beck. Kind of interesting to see an independent channel grow on whatever side of his politics you are on.

I got to say I will use it as one source. With the split between the two sides the worst I've seen in a long time. The best information is compiled information. The best and most informed opinions are developed after hearing the facts and all other opinions, agreed or conflicting. We now need a news outlet geared toward showcasing these two sides, FOX News folks and MSNBC folks, actually arguing out their sides.

Sad day for dish imo. Hate the guy. Would rather lose 10 channels than have this one.

Well if you don't like it take it our of your channels list or drop Dish. Scott warned everyone including you about getting political on this site.

I got to say I will use it as one source. With the split between the two sides the worst I've seen in a long time. The best information is compiled information. The best and most informed opinions are developed after hearing the facts and all other opinions, agreed or conflicting. We now need a news outlet geared toward showcasing these two sides, FOX News folks and MSNBC folks, actually arguing out their sides.
But those channels aren't news channels, they are mostly commentary channels which concentrate on news only during emergencies.

What we need is a "news" outlet. But news doesn't profit in the US, so onward with tabloid cable news networks. I so terribly miss Newsworld International. It got bought by Gore and turned into something much less than what it was.

But those channels aren't news channels, they are mostly commentary channels which concentrate on news only during emergencies.

What we need is a "news" outlet. But news doesn't profit in the US, so onward with tabloid cable news networks. I so terribly miss Newsworld International. It got bought by Gore and turned into something much less than what it was.

You seem to think there is something called an "objective" news organization. There is no such thing. There are only a variety of news channels and most people choose the one that they agree with. If you somehow think PBS, NPR, BBC, ABC News, etc. are "objective", it is only because you agree with their slant. Perhaps C-Span is objective, but look how few people want to watch it.

You know, just because you reserve to get news fed to you in a manner you find pleasing to your partisan tastes (as per your own words) doesn't mean everyone else does.

A fact is a fact. Whether someone wants to believe that or not is up to them.

Most cable news is painful to watch. The left and right slants of MSNBC and FNC, and the deliberate dumbing down of CNN as they try to appeal to twit-ters and other idiots, make it hard to stomach. Blaze only adds to the discord. Although, I suppose if it doesn't pretend to be news, it's not so bad.

They need a proper International News channel that includes BBC, CBC, NHK, in addition to Euronews and others in there now. And, make it available to ALL subs, not just International subs. (Just have them pay for installing the appropriate antenna, if they don't already have one.)

In the mean time, lots of PBS stations carry BBC and NHK World News broadcasts, and others thru MHz. In fact, MHZ would be a GREAT channel for Dish to add. (DirecTV has it already.)

I watch BBC as I have a SKY Satellite subscription in London and feed it back to the US by Slingbox. Anyways their newscasts while better then American are starting to get opinionated. I think the most pure news on Satellite is Euronews where many stories only have natural sound and if there is a reporter hes just telling us details about what we are about to see but never giving an opinion. I like Euronews the best, although a lot of stuff they air is uncensored and its not unusual to see dead bodies and blown up body parts in some of their coverage. And while graphic it is not sugar coated and its very real.

I have been saying that for a long time and touting EuroNews. It's a shame you have to go lengths to get it now. (Only on 118 and need an international package) I found an acceptable way with the help of a good CSR to get it. It's the most watched newschannel in Europe...

Never heard of him (Glenn Beck), or if I did I blocked him out, and it will not be in my favorite listings--due to SD only.

The Blaze has a show for kids called "Liberty Tree" that teaches about American history, a subject neglected in most public schools today. I checked it out while waiting for Glenn's 5PM (eastern) show.

I watch BBC as I have a SKY Satellite subscription in London and feed it back to the US by Slingbox. Anyways their newscasts while better then American are starting to get opinionated. I think the most pure news on Satellite is Euronews where many stories only have natural sound and if there is a reporter hes just telling us details about what we are about to see but never giving an opinion. I like Euronews the best, although a lot of stuff they air is uncensored and its not unusual to see dead bodies and blown up body parts in some of their coverage. And while graphic it is not sugar coated and its very real.

Is there any other way to subscribe to Euronews other than Dish?

I have no problem with Glenn Beck and often agree with him. But adding this channel just shows how useless the "Official Request Thread" is. The only suggestion for this channel had more dislikes than likes. It quite obvious that Dish will only add channels that they can get good deals on and that's it. That is their right, but you might as well get rid of the request thread because nobody upstairs at Dish really gives a damn.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts