Dish and DirecTV to join forces!

Political ads are required to be cheap, so they do not make a lot of money selling them, so teaming up to cut overhead makes sense.

As small a thing as it is, I like the Satellite companies working together.

Yes, another reason to praise the tech god for DVR technology.

I HATE political ads. I am quite political but I find the ads, all of them, quite irritating. Sadly, they are the only political news many people read or hear. That said, I think it is great the two companies are working together.

How long before those political ads can't be skipped or FF thru? I can see it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Interesting. I think the benefit to candidates, primarily Presidential ones is that certain markets are more expensive than others. A media blitz in Iowa doesn't cost anywhere near as much in NY or FL or CA. This would give an opening to advertise in markets that are typically more expensive and potentially cheapen it up.

That is the extent of the interesting part. My goodness... the burn, the burn!!! And no channel is safe. Like European Football... you are most likely a commie traitor to America... therefore Democrats ads. Watch the Hunting Programs... means you are a Ted Nugent rocking, minority hating mongrel... I'm Paul Ryan... and I approve this message. :D (if your sarcasm detector did not detect gross sarcasm in this statement, feel free to use it in order to calibrate it ;))

I love Democracy in America... it's just the elections I can't stand.