DISH and streaming agreements with content providers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
Does anyone have an idea which providers DISH has agreements to allow content to be streamed using Apple TV/Android/iOS apps? For example all Disney/ABC apps seem to work. But we don't have similar options with the Comedy Central app or the FOX NOW app. DISH network does'nt show up in the log in drop down.
Does this require more contract re negotiations with these providers or is this something DISH is working on resolving "soon". It might be good to have a list of channels maintained somewhere that keeps track of which ones can be streamed using DISH Anywhere or using the apps provided by the content providers.

Fox and Viacom are not contracted for digital streaming yet. Disney just recently happened, and yes it does require more contract negotiations. With the popularity of online streaming, dish is trying I get those rights from multiple companies, but they do have multi year contracts in place. For reasonable negotiations, must wait for the contracts expiration date to be closer.

How great a deal would that be for a buyout of netflix by dish. That wouldn't hurt anyone else to badly, but be their way of competing with twc/comcast merger, and dtv/AT&T And less chance it being called a monopoly.

Fox and Viacom are not contracted for digital streaming yet.
Actually dish subs have access to the foxnow app. Just login with dish credentials. Episodes are available next day after airing. I have used it a couple times on roku and my smart tv

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

How great a deal would that be for a buyout of netflix by dish. That wouldn't hurt anyone else to badly, but be their way of competing with twc/comcast merger, and dtv/AT&T And less chance it being called a monopoly.
Dish has blockbuster at home which is a streaming video service, so yes the regulators would look at Dish Netflix merger as a monopoly.

As mentioned earlier, FoxNow IS available. Watched a lot via Roku.

Dish has blockbuster at home which is a streaming video service, so yes the regulators would look at Dish Netflix merger as a monopoly.

Do you really think it would be considered a monopoly since Blockbuster barely exists now? Why couldn't they take over Netflix and just get rid of Blockbuster?

Blockbuster is defunct. Last heard the onlyl part of blockbuster Echostar did not own was the streaming portion. The "streaming" that dish does, is from the channels, which is completely different.

BB is no more now than most any carrier provides. It in no way resembles Netflix other than both stream, and even at that BB is also available without streaming, Netflix is not. Even if one were to take to an extreme, you can bet DISH would drop streaming BB to get Netflix, and I do believe that is not a pipe dream though not necessarily probable.

If that's the case, dish could just rename it dish platinum again. I do not see any conflict what so ever. And yes, dish buying netflix is a pipe dream. But it would be cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts