DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

Whatever they come up with, please have them make it available right after CES. I will be ordering the setup for our new home near the end of January :D

In regards to all the speculation? No, especially with the annual rate hikes just around the corner. Get in while the gettin's good, IMO.

Any reason I should wait to upgrade to the new Hopper now?

Something new could come up next month, next year, or years from now. The Hopper, as it is, is a great receiver. Most everyone is OK with the present day Hopper. I'd go for it today. In fact, I went for it in March, 2012, the first week of its existence and I haven't looked back since.

It is a new 3rb hopper with roku build in.

Now that would be something to crow about, plus the hopper will use voice and gesture command.

Or will it be a new Apple TV receiver ?

I don't think we will ever see anything more than a 3 tuner hopper unless dish gets the technology to do more than 3 tuners on a single cable.

Lesson was learned on the early 522's before dishpro plus technology that too high of a percentage of installs get cancelled to not having the ability to get 2 cables to A location.

You can't do a 6 tuner hopper and downgrade people to 3 tuners after being promised 6. It would just piss off too many people

I don't think we will ever see anything more than a 3 tuner hopper unless dish gets the technology to do more than 3 tuners on a single cable.

Lesson was learned on the early 522's before dishpro plus technology that too high of a percentage of installs get cancelled to not having the ability to get 2 cables to A location.

You can't do a 6 tuner hopper and downgrade people to 3 tuners after being promised 6. It would just piss off too many people

It would really just need a new node that can send six (or more) selected TPs down a single cable, preferably it would take up to 4 satellites as input.

It would really just need a new node that can send six (or more) selected TPs down a single cable, preferably it would take up to 4 satellites as input.

The tech is there to do it. Direct has 5 tuners with one cable coming off the dish down to the receiver. Dish just has to get access to it or develop it a little more.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Significantly different technology. I think someone once posted here the benefits and tradeoffs of each. No clear cut winner.

more apps for the dish hopper and more hd channels for us we all would appreciate it very much

Allen

BT keyboard support?

List view on DVR contents?

Please, please, purty please - NAMING of EHDs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yep, being able to set HWS #2 timers from HWS#1.

And accessing HWS #2 EHD contents from HWS #1- when will we see that?

Yep, being able to set HWS #2 timers from HWS#1. And accessing HWS #2 EHD contents from HWS #1- when will we see that? Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The timer set would be a great add!

Aside from better hopper integration and the enhanced keyboard remote that was shown a few years back but never released, I would love to see the DVR timer limit increased and PTAT expanded to include the CW and PBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts