DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott, ask for all us installers out there not just customers about how they intend to go into the future with the equipment and installation requirements when it comes to the hoppers.

Basically ask if they intend to give us different LNB's with nodes built in or hoppers with nodes built in and less of a cable requirement (ie. one cable from LNB vs two into a node. Also about lifting cable restrictions such as allowing installers to use any 3Ghz type of cable as long as its 3Ghz.

From a customer stand point I believe you already know many if not all of the questions but these are some very important few when it comes to installing them and does have a big impact on customers whom already have very nice pre-wired homes.

Are there any website links to watch the press event?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes the press conference will be broadcast by CNET. (I find that funny!)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

:) Yes a bit ironic, thanks though for passing the info on. Will be a good day to watch with all this snow we are to get today

Same here satjay we are expecting a lot of snow her also and vey cold temps the coldest in over 20 years!! :)

My question for the Dish guys is where are they going with wireless.

Yesterday, I had coffee with a friend from Chicago that builds high end home and commercial.

He said wireless is the big revolution in construction. Everything going to a strong backbone wireless system in initial construction.
Said they are cutting tens of thousands of dollars out of construction costs with nearly unlimited ability to control and stream.

Be spectacular if you could hook a wireless transmitter on your dish and have wireless tv everywhere.

My question for the Dish guys is where are they going with wireless.

Yesterday, I had coffee with a friend from Chicago that builds high end home and commercial.

He said wireless is the big revolution in construction. Everything going to a strong backbone wireless system in initial construction.
Said they are cutting tens of thousands of dollars out of construction costs with nearly unlimited ability to control and stream.

Be spectacular if you could hook a wireless transmitter on your dish and have wireless tv everywhere.

Att does this now on their system with Uverse. They transmit to a receiver and you can hook it in any room in this house and move it anywhere you can get signal. DISH partnered with ATT years ago and they used the technology that they both worked on, so maybe they will now be using it for DISH super joeys .

Wireless is getting better, but I still prefer wired. Probably little difference within 5 years, but for today.....

So when is the big Dish announcement? 1 PM Eastern?

And will there be a "live" SatGuys thread covering it, and daily show recaps?

Wireless is getting better, but I still prefer wired. Probably little difference within 5 years, but for today.....

So when is the big Dish announcement? 1 PM Eastern?

And will there be a "live" SatGuys thread covering it, and daily show recaps?

You know that Scott is going to have a thread with up to date CES info on here, just like always.

Pre-wire a few years ago you would normally want to run a CAT5 line to each room or outlet along with Coax, now its just best to run a single CAT5 to a central point on the other side of the home away from where router will be and just put in an access point which is way cheaper. Considering everything now purchased has wireless options its just a waste of money to spend on the extra cables. The coax runs are the same way now which if you can wireless connect a joey rather than pull coax thru a hole in the floor or drill holes in walls and so on its a no brainer.

I'm REALLY hoping for (but not expecting) a Hopper Roku app. With the announcement of the LG TV app, it looks like they're venturing out even more...and on my bedroom TV, all I want to be able to do is watch recorded programs off the Hopper. Live TV isn't necessary.

i would also like to see a roku app for the hopper also alot of their channels would be great to watch on the hopper.

:doh: Another display of a complete lack of reading comprehension.

Last edited:
If they added Roku the first channel everyone would put on it is Netflix. They don't want us to have Netflix since they already have BBAH and On Demand. If they did there would be a Netflix app already on there now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)