Dish Could Lose 12 Network Affiliates Tonight

We've continuously been with Dish since 1998 and had the distant channels until 1996. Unfortunately it's hard to get the network programming unless you either OTA or pay for programming with everything I've researched. We also only have one option for DSL and the max is 6 Mbps, streaming is difficult with all our tech items pulling on the wifi (2 teenage boys). I love where I live, but there are sacrifices we make for it as well.

Get a TiVo OTA with guide for a one time fixed price.

We lost wcyb but still have wemt, both are owned by bonten. Don't watch either and not that it matters but curious why wemt isn't affected.?.?

Yup. This channel owner loves to play hardball even though they don't have any top tier markets. Makes no sense. Hell even Media General played nice this time around and they were off like 2 months last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's fricken Dish's fault also. Both sides are hard headed and the customer always is stuck in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: sam_gordon
Nope not at all. Broadcaster is asking for money for free channels. They will always be in the wrong in my book.

I would agree, but why does Dish always seem to have issues with contract negotiations ?

They are charging you $10 for local channels. I could care less if Dish paid 5 cents or 50 cents, as far I can see it, as long as the combined total between all your locals is less than $10 then who cares.

Dish is negotiating in bad faith as usual over pennies, at the customers inconvenience of being without the channels.

The pennies add up over thousands of customers.

They just raised everyone's rate $5 over local channels. After doing that type of screw job to their customers, why should you care what they pay to the broadcasters?

Dish should Either pay the increase the broadcaster is demanding or put up a fight and don't raise the rates. But Dish wants it both ways and that is why I have an issue with them.

Reactions: Troch77
Because we know the fight is going to result in a price increase. Dish is fighting for how much. Directv, ATT, Comcast, and Charter have been upping the ante as well these last couple of years.

Reactions: Yespage
I would agree, but why does Dish always seem to have issues with contract negotiations ?

They are charging you $10 for local channels. I could care less if Dish paid 5 cents or 50 cents, as far I can see it, as long as the combined total between all your locals is less than $10 then who cares.

Dish is negotiating in bad faith as usual over pennies, at the customers inconvenience of being without the channels.

The pennies add up over thousands of customers.

They just raised everyone's rate $5 over local channels. After doing that type of screw job to their customers, why should you care what they pay to the broadcasters?

Dish should Either pay the increase the broadcaster is demanding or put up a fight and don't raise the rates. But Dish wants it both ways and that is why I have an issue with them.
Agree.
Pull your Dish blinders off people.

Charlie is just as bad if not worse when it come to sneaking more money out of its customers.

These Free channels you speak of, are only Free if you can receive them.
Not everyone has the option to use the POS Charlie approved antenna.

And I don't see him dropping my $10 local channel fee, unless I pick the only package Charlie allows,
which I'm not even going to go there...

So Poor Charlie my A$$....

Because we know the fight is going to result in a price increase. Dish is fighting for how much. Directv, ATT, Comcast, and Charter have been upping the ante as well these last couple of years.

Alas nothing is going to change until we get an administration in that has a backbone to have all locals be must carry. So sorry guys gotta wait until I enter office in 2029!

Nope not at all. Broadcaster is asking for money for free channels. They will always be in the wrong in my book.

But Dish is the one forcing me to pay for a channel I can (and do) receive for free. You're paying for the convenience of getting all your television through one box.

Both sides are being hard headed to some extent. Is the local asking for an extra $1/subscriber? I'd agree the MVPD should balk at that. Are they asking for an extra nickel? The MVPD should pay that and move on. Claude is right. The customer is caught in the middle.

Reactions: pattykay
But Dish is the one forcing me to pay for a channel I can (and do) receive for free. You're paying for the convenience of getting all your television through one box.

Both sides are being hard headed to some extent. Is the local asking for an extra $1/subscriber? I'd agree the MVPD should balk at that. Are they asking for an extra nickel? The MVPD should pay that and move on. Claude is right. The customer is caught in the middle.

As Ive stated over and over again....Congress messed this up, there the only ones that can fix it.....and they dont care!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts