Dish DP811 code for my Hitachi TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brenkw

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
I cannot find out if the DP811 has a different code to use on my Hitachi tv. I try to prog it in with the 03 provided in the Hitachi setup book...but it won't work.. I have had the Dish for 5 days now and already the remote quit on me and if I can prog it into my Hitachi remote.. I won't have to worry as everything else is working on the tv remote... Did I go from "bad" Directv to "worse" Dish, when I changed???? Thank you for any help you can provide...and should I just go buy a universal remote... if so.. which one???
Thanks again
:( :confused:

I hate to say it, but the 811's remote is a step backwards ergonomically (IMHO) as it just doesn't let you use it with one hand. The grey button remotes from the original x000 receivers fit my hand nicely. I don't know why Dish decided to use the Platinum remote with all the DVR buttons for the 811. Plus, the 811's remote has a code for my Toshiba 34HF81, but it has about a 33% success ratio (I have to press the remote's volume, TV channel, TV Input, etc., about three or four times before the TV gets the command). I've tried the other Toshiba codes, but this one works the best.

One the other hand, the remote that came with the Tosh controls the 811 very nicely, thank you very much. I use that 90% of the time, but of course, it doesn't map useful buttons like the aspect format controls.

Too bad the Harmony remotes are $150+...

Back to your problem: Have you tried the "Scan for Device Codes" procedure on page 66 of the 811 Manual? You might luck into something that works.

Hi, thank you for the info... I'm about ready too go back to Directv...Never had much of a prob with them until they lost a payment for the football this year.. that wizzed me off.. and I cancelled .. and besides... I thought to myself..... Dish has HD.... wellllll needless to say, the HD is 4 lousy channels and I was told anything showing HD on tv would be HD for me using Dish.... seems... I jumped the gun!!!! One more time I might add LOL
Right now I have to wait for the "new" remote from Dish... they have to send me a new one.... already... and I'm only 6 days into the "fun" of having Dish Net lol
:shocked

The lack of content is a concern for now...but I get more than 4 channels...I get 8 plus my OTA's...even if you don't get HBO or SHO or CBS you should have 6 channels.

And Roland, even Gary agrees the E* remotes are something they did right. Perhaps you remember my submarine (Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin thread on DBST?)

Brenkw, Welcome to SatelliteGuys, For My Hitachi LCD I had to do the code scan procedure, start at the back and work forward, mine was like 3rd to last code. This is posted on the web, in the manual, and in several threads of this forum. (Use search button to find)...If you still have issues with the remote let me know....if you still want to whine about going back to Direct....the rest of us don't care. If you need help I'll do my best, if your just looking to vent call 1-800-333-3474 and have at it...hopefully you don't have a contractual obligation.

Jason

Sorry for trying to be funny... guess this isn't the place for me... Thanks... Didn't know everything HAD to be serious on here..... Enjoy... Merry Christmas Scrooge!!!!

Brenkw,

Calm down buddy. Things happen. It's part of human nature. :) BTW, welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Brenkw said:
Sorry for trying to be funny... guess this isn't the place for me... Thanks... Didn't know everything HAD to be serious on here..... Enjoy... Merry Christmas Scrooge!!!!
Bah Humbug! I saw no humor in your previous post, just what the veterans in here refer to as Dish Bashing...everyone has an opinion, and everyone also has had bad experiences, containing your frustration and venting to willing audiences appear to build more respect and creditability. I too have gone off on a rant every now and then as everyone has bad days....but you better believe there has always been a Scrooge there to set me straight. When it comes to bashing, some will join in, some will ignore, others will let you know about the ability to choose your own destiny and if your unhappy with a situation then by all means there is a door and someone else waiting to take your money and sign you up to a contract.

Happy Ramadan,
Scrooge

nippjas said:
Bah Humbug! I saw no humor in your previous post, just what the veterans in here refer to as Dish Bashing...everyone has an opinion, and everyone also has had bad experiences, containing your frustration and venting to willing audiences appear to build more respect and creditability. I too have gone off on a rant every now and then as everyone has bad days....but you better believe there has always been a Scrooge there to set me straight. When it comes to bashing, some will join in, some will ignore, others will let you know about the ability to choose your own destiny and if your unhappy with a situation then by all means there is a door and someone else waiting to take your money and sign you up to a contract.

Happy Ramadan,
Scrooge

I think you stepped in it big time...I understood his first post (satire) quite well and got a chuckle out of it. If you're having a bad day that's fine; I know you help a lot of folks out here on the Forums and I usually enjoy your posts quite a lot...you hammered this poor guy and he didn't deserve it.

My opinion, take it or leave it...this is an observation not a flame! I like to see everyone get a chance to participate here.

P.S. - The racial slurs don't help your credibility any.

lblampman said:
I think you stepped in it big time...I understood his first post (satire) quite well and got a chuckle out of it. If you're having a bad day that's fine; I know you help a lot of folks out here on the Forums and I usually enjoy your posts quite a lot...you hammered this poor guy and he didn't deserve it.

My opinion, take it or leave it...this is an observation not a flame! I like to see everyone get a chance to participate here.

P.S. - The racial slurs don't help your credibility any.
What slur? And this guy shares an IP address with a known trouble maker...Maybe it's because he's on AOL maybe it's because it is the same person. BUT RACIAL SLUR? Dude you really need to know me and what race I am before you make a stupid uneducated statement like that. Maybe I don't celebrate Christmas, Maybe I celebrate a holiday of another culture, who the hell are you to judge me?

Jason

Okay fellas, lets keep this back on topic.

Lets let by-gones be by-gones okay?

If this keeps up I WILL close this thread.

Neutron said:
Okay fellas, lets keep this back on topic.

Lets let by-gones be by-gones okay?

If this keeps up I WILL close this thread.
Sorry Jason, I want my accuser to step forward and type into his Comcast hosted ISP what I did or said to be accused of being racist on? This guy just stepped into it as he so eloquently put it. I have been descriminated before but really this goes too far.

Jason

And BFG whips out his MIB memory eraser. :D

Sorry folks but I'd just like to forget about all that if we may and play nice :)

BFG said:
And BFG whips out his MIB memory eraser. :D

Sorry folks but I'd just like to forget about all that if we may and play nice :)
OK Bryan, but no one knows you just censored like 8 posts. But needless to say I took some vacation time last week to chill out after having felt abused and unappreciated. Les just reinforced this feeling.

Goodbye all, and Happy...well,... whatever holiday you celebrate. I'll probably get bashed for saying that too...

Ah screw it....I have a family that I have been neglecting in order to volunteer my time here anyhow.

Later all.
Jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)