Dish Error messages/codes

mary321

Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
The last couple of weeks we have seen an error code 793 on a couple of channels. Dish says they do not know what it is. Does anyone know what it may mean or where to find some info about it? This code is happening on different receivers (so far 211/381's) and accounts. (PCO contracted with Dish) We replaced a receiver the first time we saw it, but just wanting to know if there is a fix, if this is a problem with the newer receivers, or if we have to change out a receiver every time. This is in an AL area.

It's just says error 793 I believe. A reset or quam scan doesn't fix it. I will review the in house service calls we have in the morning to be sure, but no mention of a signal error showing if I recall. We have called in to the Dish MDU reps and they don't show anything with 793 listed.

I did some web searching(basic) but quite a few results came up. In each and every instance was a commercial account, that was also in relation to 002 and 015. The best answer I found was from the dreaded DBStalk. I'll post the result.

":welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Error codes can be looked up on Dish'sTechPortal for the 625. I don't see 793 in the "Select Error" drop-down list, but 002 and 015 are both related to signal loss.

Menu - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch will give you information on the LNB/switch configuration. If the system is QAM, check the "002 Q-Box" and "015 Q-Box" errors for additional troubleshooting. The Q-Box is used in someDish MDU installations."

Don't hold it against me. Lol. Just googling.

That was all I could locate as well in my search. I would just think Dish would know an error on their own equipment. We will just keep testing thru service calls and hope we figure it out.

Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)