Dish/Fox Sports 1 NCAA Football Dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You can change anytime you want. But if programming is changed within 30 days, there is a $5 programming change fee. If you call in and ask nicely, they tend to waive that fee.

Well I am fricking pissed. During the summer I pull down the plan to the 120 and drop the sports channels. I just upped it again back to 200 to get the Rutgers v. UW game. I think I am locked in on changes for 30 days now, aren't I?

This whole thing is a total crock of crap. Fox is always pulling this garbage.

We would be able to waive the $5 downgrade fee in a situation like this.

Here we go again. After four years, Dish and 21st Century Fox are apparently headed for their second fee fight. This time over the 2014 College Football games on Fox Sports 1. Obviously, someone hasn't learned their lesson, yet, and I wonder who the guilty party is? I am a Dish customer, and no matter how greedy Fox is getting, I have locked out Fox Sports 1 on my TV sets, and I am NOT going to unlock that channel until the two companies can grow up, and stop this game of chicken. I find this action Totally Unacceptable, and I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS B.S.

I am not clear that the other providers have not also been approached on this subject. I am also wondering if Dish simply jumped the gun first and pulled the games as a negotiating ploy, in advance of the turn off date. I can't see Directv rolling over easily either, to be honest. I had Directv several years ago and went through this crap when Versus was pulled during football season. So let's see, I have ESPNs, I have Fox broadcast station and I have Pac 12, but a good chunk of Pac 12 games are on FS1.

Can go back to Directv and have FS1 (for the moment), but no Pac 12.

Circular crap...do we wll need to have two providers to just avoid these things? Seriously!!!!

Fox is also tight lipped about the Dish dispute, refusing to comment at the moment. I think all of this caught them off guard.

I say let them go...and drop my bill in the process. I could care less as any game I watch is either on ESPN/ABC or CBS/ACC Network or I can stream them online with WatchESPN. So yeah get rid of them and drop my bill and I'll be happy.

I say let them go...and drop my bill in the process. I could care less as any game I watch is either on ESPN/ABC or CBS/ACC Network or I can stream them online with WatchESPN. So yeah get rid of them and drop my bill and I'll be happy.
they wont drop your bill...

Takes two to tango. Dish needs to grow up. Charlie is a petulant kid that takes his ball and goes home after throwing a tantrum. The networks need to stop the greedy money grab. Customers are stuck in the middle and we win by paying higher fees.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have no idea how Fox can demand extra for these games. Didn't they sign a new agreement with Dish to carry FS1? If so, then how can they demand more money...sounds like breach of contract to me.