DISH Guarantees $250 Savings to Satellite Pay-TV Customers Who Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Guarantees $250 Savings to Satellite Pay-TV Customers Who Switch
Release Date:
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:11 am MST
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • DISH guarantees that DirecTV customers will save at least $250 when they switch to DISH
  • Real consumers show what they would do for $250 in DISH challenge-themed video series
  • New customers can receive America’s Top 250 package, including more than 250 channels for $39.99 per month for 12 months
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C. (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that it launched a value-themed campaign targeting DirecTV customers. The promotion, which runs through April 8, highlights the savings that DirecTV customers receive when they switch to DISH. The campaign challenges DirecTV customers to ask themselves “Why pay more?” for the same programming and service they get with DirecTV. On average, DirecTV customers spend approximately $250 more annually than DISH customers.

“Consumers’ purchase decisions are often closely tied to value, and our new campaign highlights DISH’s undeniable advantage in price plus technology over DirecTV,” said James Moorhead, senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “With DISH, customers get the same channels, shows and the sports they love, and we save them hundreds in their first year. When combined with the industry’s most awarded DVR, the Hopper, choosing DISH becomes an easy decision.”

To illustrate the value of its service, DISH created a series of short videos asking real consumers what they would do for $250. The series, released on DISH’s Twitter and Facebook pages, reveals how far consumers are willing to go in order to get $250. The videos highlight that people do not need to go to extreme lengths to save money; they can save $250 by switching to DISH. The complete video set is available on the DISH Challenge website, as well as DISH’s YouTube channel.

How to take the DISH Challenge

DirecTV customers interested in taking advantage of this limited-time offer will need to complete the following steps:

1. Customers should visit DISHChallenge.com to see a price comparison. To see if they qualify for the promotion, customers can chat live with a representative from the DISH Challenge website, or call DISH at 1-800-CALL-DISH (1-800-2255-3474) and ask to take the Challenge.
  2. If the customer qualifies, a DISH customer service representative will work with the customer to determine the best package for their home and interests.
  3. The customer will then need to set up an appointment for installation.
  4. If DISH is not able to save the new customer $250 in their first year, the customer will need to submit their last DirecTV bill for online verification.
Other requirements of the DISH Challenge

• Promotional prices will require a 24-month commitment with AutoPay and Paperless Billing, as well as a credit qualification. The offer will not be available in Puerto Rico or USVI.
  • To participate in the Challenge, new customers must chat live with a representative from the DISH Challenge website or call DISH at 1-800-CALL-DISH (1-800-2255-3474) and ask to take the DISH “Challenge.”
  • If the customer’s first year savings are determined to be less than $250 after switching to DISH, the customer will be eligible for a $250 prepaid card after new service activation.
  • Savings calculations are based on an annualized comparison of the customer’s last monthly DirecTV bill and their first DISH bill for comparable services and equipment, as determined by DISH.
  • Requires online validation of the new customer’s last monthly DirecTV bill within 60 days of activation. Customers should expect to allow 6-8 weeks for the delivery of the prepaid card.

Hmmmm.... I have the AT250 and my bill is $140/month.

I know,I know....I'm a current customer from the 90's. Bad me!

What would the AT250 at $39.99 for a year do for me. Well it would help to pay for doctor's copay being I just had another stroke before Thanksgiving that wiped out my right side a bit. There's my challenge response.

Reactions: smoke
Hmmmm.... I have the AT250 and my bill is $140/month.

I know,I know....I'm a current customer from the 90's. Bad me!

What would the AT250 at $39.99 for a year do for me. Well it would help to pay for doctor's copay being I just had another stroke before Thanksgiving that wiped out my right side a bit. There's my challenge response.
Start a chat and bring this up and the fact you've been with them for ~25-30 years and I bet they make you some type of offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since posting this I have gotten 3 phone calls from DISH retailers asking me if DISH is really pushing them out of business. They are not happy about this press release.

I haven't seen a big ad for what Direct is willing to do, but I did get my first 'come back' offer a day before the box showed up to ship the Genie back.

All the usual new/returning customer deals with discounts and some freebies, plus $200 visa gift card. Note that wasn't "up to" just a flat $200.

And I got the $250 deal offered as a "come back" to Dish yesterday even though I'm a current subscriber.

Having trouble understanding how/why DISH is going about this campaign. I guess they are going after those who will switch, nothing new there by comparing Direct TV regular prices to DISH promo prices. (Which is ok I guess if you are an aware consumer and know you need to switch often to maintain that kind of price - not a fan of comparing a temporary price to an ongoing one) But why insist on talking to a DISH CSR, probably the weakest link? Why cut out the retailers who are likely good at pitching the service? Because of the terms is there some way the retailer could fudge something?

But the campaign just perpetuates the idea of people switching every two years. The link has some actual ongoing differences that show DISH can be less expensive they should concentrate on that including keeping customers instead of showing why to switch often.
There are some charges I did not know Direct has, and DISH actually is wrong on at least one, Direct charges more per receiver including the first one, $6.50.

I do get discounts from time to time like many others here, and thinking back not new customer savings but some years not too far off. As some have posted it's time to drop many of those discounts for ongoing customers and come up with a plan for those who stay to get permanent ones keeping it in the range of what they apparently can afford now by piecemeal.

Reactions: satjay
Dish is not doing this because they want to. They are doing it because the have to, if you know what I mean.

It will all become clearer when they announce their quarterly subscriber results in a week or two.

Dish is not doing this because they want to. They are doing it because the have to, if you know what I mean.

It will all become clearer when they announce their quarterly subscriber results in a week or two.

Since D* is doing the same thing though by email, what is your point? That there will be losses of net subs? I think there will be for both sat services. But keep on with your trolling, it seems to be what you do best.

That email had good info if you aren't a current customer. Why did they not include a link so that current customers could post it to Facebook, Twitter, or other social media?

Have it include a link tied to customer referral numbers so that current customers who want to help Dish acquire new subs could save too.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

Reactions: Tampa8
I would agree with what was earlier stated about comparing promo prices to regular prices. Show promo then regular, It would still be less I believe

I must admit I switched from directv to dish and because of one channel. Anyways I noticed that once all my promotional prices run out that Dish and Directv are about the same price. Maybe at most a couple of dollars difference.

Reactions: rapidturtle
Promotional rates are the most enticing & attn grabbers. Putting too much emphasis on regular rates is a sure fire way to lose a sale.

With the content available & the current trend towards streaming we'll probably see some serious promo wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)