DISH Hopper Jumps into the Daytona 500, Appears on FOX Despite Network Censorship of the Brand

At the end I saw the engine and a tire still tangled up in the fence.

The other front wheel went about 10 rows up into the stands. I believe they're saying 17 fans were hurt, 2 seriously. I'm betting the 2 serious injuries had something to do with that wheel.

After what happened at Daytona today in the Nationwide race, I suspect that there will be a lot viewers for the 500.

Aren't accidents the only reason people watch auto racing? Nobody actually watches these things just to see cars driving in circles? Next thing you'll say is people watch the first 46 minutes of a NBA game! :eek:

After what happened at Daytona today in the Nationwide race, I suspect that there will be a lot viewers for the 500. Hope no one in the stands was seriously hurt, but I'm pretty sure I saw a tire head up into the stands.

It won't be long before some of the injured fans get some local ambulance chasing personal injury law group to file a personal injury lawsuit against NASCAR for millions of $.

Last edited:
Aren't accidents the only reason people watch auto racing? Nobody actually watches these things just to see cars driving in circles? Next thing you'll say is people watch the first 46 minutes of a NBA game! :eek:

No, that's not why ALL of use watch auto racing. :(

They won't show the dish car unless he wrecks.

There is a YouTube video someone shot from the stands, just as the last lap crash from today's nationwide race. He is shooting cell phone video and you see and hear the crash, the tire lands in his row to his left. There were serious injuries to someone that got hit in the head by the tire. Hope everyone involved recovers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys