Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Invites Customers to Deflate the Game Not the Ads
Release Date:
Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:07 am MST
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • DISH’s exclusive AutoHop feature ‘reversed’ for the biggest ad day of the year
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C. announced today that customers can enable “Reverse AutoHop” to watch just the commercials the day after Sunday’s big game. DISH customers will have the option to enable DISH’s AutoHop™ feature on the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR to skip straight to the popular commercials, rather than skip over them.

“This day is about two things: football and commercials, and for good reason -- both are entertaining and our customers love them,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of product management. “We’ve decided to flip our user-enabled ad-skipping feature on its head so customers can watch the ads uninterrupted the next day when everyone is talking about them.”

“We have several clients running Super Bowl ads this year, and DISH’s creative technology means more people will see those ads,” said Bill Koenigsberg, president, CEO and founder of Horizon Media. “Making these entertaining ads ‘appointment watching’ after the game puts the brands front and center for an even wider audience. Regardless of who wins the game, that’s a win for advertisers and consumers.”

Customers can enable the “Reverse AutoHop” feature the day after the game to skip the game and watch the commercials back-to-back. Hopper customers must have the PrimeTime Anytime™ feature enabled for NBC prior to the game. If customers want to re-watch the game, they have that option as well.

My wife will love this. I may or may not watch the game or maybe parts of it.... She, like many, watch it for the commercials (she's a Bengals fan so otherwise doesn't care about this game).

I set a timer with an additional 90 minutes for the NBC local news channel that comes on after The Blacklist incase the Super Bowl Postgame runs over.

Uh oh. Coming in the next round of contract negotiations with the majors. For the first 3 days after the airing of the program, the playback is forced to Reverse-Autohop.

Wonder if this will work like other network PT shows that get AH if you have just one day enabled or if you have to enable Sunday. Probably enable Sunday just to be safe.

BTW any bets on who files the first lawsuit for this one? JK

Wonder if this will work like other network PT shows that get AH if you have just one day enabled or if you have to enable Sunday. Probably enable Sunday just to be safe.
I am confident you can have just one day enabled for PTAT and AutoHop will still work. To get the AutoHop data, Dish appears to just check "is Autohop enabled = yes".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)