DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

PQ is better with the J4 and WJ4. Remote controls also sluggish like the H+. Press a button to do something and sometimes it is up to about 2 seconds for response.
Well, that sucks. Let us know if it's still sluggish when you pair with your 2nd H3.

Just for grins you might try to connect one of your new Joey 4s to the Hopper 3 without the Hopper+. I know the Joey 4 will work without a Hopper+ so it just might work. You are not going to break anything. If it doesn't work simply go back to the original configuration.
Well Bobby what a headache. Last nite on one of my J4s I tried to link to my 2nd H3. Joey quit working, got the screen that says Joey not authorized call DISH. Pulled the cord reset several times, same thing. So I pulled the cord on 2nd H3 and disconnected the back coax. Tried another hard reset on the J4 and same thing. After the hard resets the Joey gets to the app screen. When I click back button or settings button it immediately goes to the Joey not authorized screen. So called DISH this morning. They tried everything to authorize that there J4. Nothing worked. So got a DISH tech coming tomorrow.

Well Bobby what a headache. Last nite on one of my J4s I tried to link to my 2nd H3. Joey quit working, got the screen that says Joey not authorized call DISH. Pulled the cord reset several times, same thing. So I pulled the cord on 2nd H3 and disconnected the back coax. Tried another hard reset on the J4 and same thing. After the hard resets the Joey gets to the app screen. When I click back button or settings button it immediately goes to the Joey not authorized screen. So called DISH this morning. They tried everything to authorize that there J4. Nothing worked. So got a DISH tech coming tomorrow.
Well, that answered that question. Now we might know why 2 Hopper 3s are not allowed. Thanks for being our guinea pig Charles... :)

You might try this, Charles, Unplug the Joey 4 with the issue and then the standalone Hopper. Plug the Joey 4 back in and let it sit for a bit. It might find the Hopper with the H+ and load the proper software. If that works, leave it alone and never try to load to the standalone Hopper again.

You might try this, Charles, Unplug the Joey 4 with the issue and then the standalone Hopper. Plug the Joey 4 back in and let it sit for a bit. It might find the Hopper with the H+ and load the proper software. If that works, leave it alone and never try to load to the standalone Hopper again.
Already tried that Bobby.

• Sad
Reactions: Bobby
I have two Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 client. My setup is wired like charlesrshell.
Currently both Hopper3 receivers can access programs on the other Hopper3 and my Joey 3 can be linked to either Hopper3. Plus my Joey3 can access programs on either Hopper3 receiver.

If I understand the posts from charlesrshell:
1) The new Hopper+ can not access programs on his other Hopper3.
2) His second Hopper3 can not access programs on the Hopper+
3) Trying to link the Joey4 to the Hopper3 caused the Joey4 to stop working.

Based on those facts I would not want a Hopper+. But what I would like to know is if a Joey4 would be able to access programs on two Hopper3 receivers. If that would work I would consider installing a Joey4 in the basement so I would have 4K HDR capabilities.

I have two Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 client. My setup is wired like charlesrshell.
Currently both Hopper3 receivers can access programs on the other Hopper3 and my Joey 3 can be linked to either Hopper3. Plus my Joey3 can access programs on either Hopper3 receiver.

Based on those facts I would not want a Hopper+. But what I would like to know is if a Joey4 would be able to access programs on two Hopper3 receivers. If that would work I would consider installing a Joey4 in the basement so I would have 4K HDR capabilities.
I can confirm without the Hopper+, the WirelessJoey 4 can see both Hopper 3's. Now I never tested it with the Hopper+ since it was disconnected on Day 1 of install and before activating 2nd Hopper 3. So, I have not gotten to it to go back and test to see if the Wireless Joey 4 can see both Hopper 3's when Hopper + is installed. I will try that when I can a chance as I assume Charles can answer that as well since he had the Hopper + installed and whether or not the Joeys could see the 2nd Hopper 3. My Hopper 3's are on Solo Hybrid Hubs and then tied together with a coax. I don't have them on the Duo Hybrid Hub

Whenever I remove the Hopper+ and go back to two Hopper 3s mode I will let you know if the Joey 4 models can access programs on both Hopper 3s.

Reactions: 141park
BTW, there is a year old Hopper + video on YT. But it’s 9/10ths of worthless.
What kind of video do you want to see of the Android platform?

I have been working on one showing the software setup, just got to cut the times now so you are not waiting for each part to happen. Then need to add graphics explining what you are watching and of course some cheesy music to get you through it all. :D

I can confirm without the Hopper+, the WirelessJoey 4 can see both Hopper 3's. Now I never tested it with the Hopper+ since it was disconnected on Day 1 of install and before activating 2nd Hopper 3. So, I have not gotten to it to go back and test to see if the Wireless Joey 4 can see both Hopper 3's when Hopper + is installed. I will try that when I can a chance as I assume Charles can answer that as well since he had the Hopper + installed and whether or not the Joeys could see the 2nd Hopper 3. My Hopper 3's are on Solo Hybrid Hubs and then tied together with a coax. I don't have them on the Duo Hybrid Hub
With Hopper+ attached to primary H3 I can see the 2nd Hopper 3 on a Joey 4. But when I select it and select a recording to watch I get a window that says playback stopped. So that is a no go. Same thing happens with the H3+. I can see the 2nd H3 drop down menu but the recordings on the 2nd H3 do not work.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
What kind of video do you want to see of the Android platform?

I want to see operation AFTER it is set up. What does the opening screen look like? How do you get to the Dish EPG? How do you access the DVR? How responsive (slow?) is the remote? Show how the HDR works/doesn’t work on a non HDR TV and on a HDR capable UHD TV. Does it matter if the TV is HDR only or HDR10 capable?

A video for the clueless.

And for a cherry on top, show how the Plus works as an Internet browser. Speed, type size etc.

Thanks for asking.