Dish missing a local channel

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I know we have a thread for missing guide info for local OTA channels. But, this is different.
We in the SF Bay Area have an issue I haven't seen since the early days of LiLs.
Dish is completely missing a local channel. It's channel 27 KEXT. (Tokyo TV)

I have a feeling it's because this channel is relatively new, only coming alive in the last few months.
But, I don't know if it's because they haven't yet reached a carriage agreement, or if Dish has no idea it exists.
There is full program info in Titan TV, but not Tribune/Zap2It. So, even if they started carrying it, I wonder if they'll have program info?

Usually once we start carrying a channel the guide information is not far behind. Usually within a couple weeks, but that varies as well. If it is not carried then we would not have it available.

I know we have a thread for missing guide info for local OTA channels. But, this is different.
We in the SF Bay Area have an issue I haven't seen since the early days of LiLs.
Dish is completely missing a local channel. It's channel 27 KEXT. (Tokyo TV)

I have a feeling it's because this channel is relatively new, only coming alive in the last few months.
But, I don't know if it's because they haven't yet reached a carriage agreement, or if Dish has no idea it exists.
There is full program info in Titan TV, but not Tribune/Zap2It. So, even if they started carrying it, I wonder if they'll have program info?
There's a few things that need to happen, I am sure you are aware of most of them:
1) the channel has to elect "Must Carry", or reach a retransmission agreement with Dish (as you stated)
2) the channel must be a full power channel in order to demand "Must Carry". (KEXT is a Class A Low Power Channel)
3) Even of Dish and the local channel come to a retrans agreement (and we know the chances of a non-major network LP,CA, DC or LP channel being picked up by Dish) the channel has to provide a usable signal to the Dish POP. It may not be able to do that with the OTA signal meaning that they have to run fiber.

Tony

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts