Dish Multiview on Channel 100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Challenger!

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
USA
I know this has been discussed before, but I would like to know if there are any late developments allowing viewers to change the "default" channels on 100. Two of the six channels are Fox News and Fox Business! I don't even want Fox on anywhere in my presence. Is there any way that default view can be changed, besides locking the channels and getting a blank locked view on one-third of the preview?

Not that I know of. The only way is to lock out the offending channels so you never see them in your guide. I'm interested in how DISH can do 6 different channels at the same time on the multi view screen ,at the same time as I have all my 5 tuners + ota tuner recording something different? How is that even possible?

I thought we only have three tuners that we can use, with the exception of the additional prime time networks being recorded. But I don't need that much continuous prime time programming. I may have spoken too quickly concerning the channel choices Dish places on the preview. It seems they roll the channels over periodically for different categories of programming.

Considering this is something Dish has offered for many years, and just recently added to the Hopper, we won't see any changes to it. I think it is one of those things they would consider a "Perk"

Not that I know of. The only way is to lock out the offending channels so you never see them in your guide. I'm interested in how DISH can do 6 different channels at the same time on the multi view screen ,at the same time as I have all my 5 tuners + ota tuner recording something different? How is that even possible?

I think I can answer that, having had a Twinhan DVBS tuner working on the unencrypted channels on my Dish setup in the past. The 6 different channels are all combined at the head end and broadcast to receivers as one channel. So when you're on it, you only consume one tuner. If you want to lock out channel 100, you could. I don't think locking out Fox (or whatever else is there currently) will prevent that part of the display from showing anyhow.

Nope no way to change it, You can lock out a channel you dont want to see there, but you can not change the channels that are there. What you are actually seeing is one single channel which is sent like that (and has 6 different audio tracks) :D

Nope no way to change it, You can lock out a channel you dont want to see there, but you can not change the channels that are there. What you are actually seeing is one single channel which is sent like that (and has 6 different audio tracks) :D
But how am I getting the single channel ,when all my tuners are recording something else ,other than what is on multi-view screen? Is there another secret tuner not seen by the user on the red screen for tuners, being used just to broadcast the multi-view screen?

But how am I getting the single channel ,when all my tuners are recording something else ,other than what is on multi-view screen? Is there another secret tuner not seen by the user on the red screen for tuners, being used just to broadcast the multi-view screen?
Ethernet?

Sounds like Immaculate conception (whoops I mean reception) to me. :)

The channel comes from 72.7 or the 110 satellite as shown on DishChannelChart.COM.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok, I have 4 tuners recording + Ota recording = 8 different shows. The multi - view screen is showing Nick/Disney/Toon/NickW/Disney xd/Nick Jr. So it does take the 5 th tuner to do multi-view. I guess I was wrong before. It didn't take all my tuners before. Still very cool that it can do this on the multi-view. So what ever they put on multi-view screen has to be on the same transponder like the locals stations are done.

So what ever they put on multi-view screen has to be on the same transponder like the locals stations are done.
I don't think so. I think Krell has it right. The six channels are selected and combined at the uplink center and sent as a single channel to the satellites, not a PTAT-like combination of channels from a single transponder.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't think so. I think Krell has it right. The six channels are selected and combined at the uplink center and sent as a single channel to the satellites, not a PTAT-like combination of channels from a single transponder.
Ok. That makes sense. Either way it is very cool how they do it.

I nice when there is news or sports things going on so you can monitor everything with one channel. Most of the time though its useless.

If you are not sub'd to one of the channels, it will(should) show a black square. I have heard some accounts of people getting it, but I am not even sure if that was while they were on free preview TBH