Dish Network 21.0 Learning Remote Instructions

Yep. Been there, doing that. We got over a foot of snow Thursday night and several more inches last night as well as high winds blowing all that winter wonderland around.:( See what yer missing out there in sunny CA. :rolleyes:

Ed

Wait just one minute, I had the exact same as you, but no wind, today it warmed up to 32 and it is melting the snow fast.
Dan

Yep. Been there, doing that. We got over a foot of snow Thursday night and several more inches last night as well as high winds blowing all that winter wonderland around.:( See what yer missing out there in sunny CA. :rolleyes:

As mentioned in another thread, Truckee, California gets more snow than anywhere else... period. Here is in one of the lighter years:
Snow+Distance+Mohawk.jpg

I was getting a 404 error, but now it comes up and lists my tv. I wonder if I program a code if it will kill all my learned functions for the tv?

It doesn't have the remote codes, but if you go to the tech portal there is a pdf file with instructions on programming the 21.0 remote for all the different things it can do. If I remember right it was under Training > Weekly UpTraining > 2008 > 222k Launch. It is actually just a pdf file of the chapter in the manual about the remote (Hence missing the codes from the back of the book), but goes into alot more detail.

I have updated the PDF file with much easier to read Remote Codes. :)

Feel free to re download the PDF file located at post #1

Enjoy and Merry Christmas from SatelliteGuys!

TV1 UHF

Can you set this remote up for TV1 using the UHF for the Satellite, and IR for everything else? My 622 Receiver is hidden in a cabinet. I can do this right now, and I just wanted to make sure this remote can do this also before I buy one.

Oh, generally Dish Network UHF remotes only do UHF for the Dish Network receiver - all other devices (TV, A/V receiver, VCR) are only controlled by IR.

Controlling TV1 by UHF takes some complicated - yet not particularly difficult - setup, hence the referral to the appropriate thread for that.

PS I have not yet received my own 21.0 remote, so I have no way to verify any specific characteristic of that particular remote.

Oh, generally Dish Network UHF remotes only do UHF for the Dish Network receiver
Actually....most, of the remotes send out IR and UHF at the same time.

The picture of the new one, however, shows a manual slider switch under the battery cover.

That's probably a sign that it is either/or.

Actually....most, of the remotes send out IR and UHF at the same time.

The picture of the new one, however, shows a manual slider switch under the battery cover.

That's probably a sign that it is either/or.

Your right, the 6.3 remote has a switch under the battery cover beside the batteries, the 21.0 has the switch under the batteries, so it is not seen when batteries are in place.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts