Dish Network Booth Preview

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Good news on the enabling fee and our ability to use our own drives. Charlie pleeeeaaaase make it soon. Gotta 1T just waiting.

...the Dishnetwork info says the 625 is USB 1.1. I would hope it still might work even if it is slower.
For streaming, I think USB 1.1 might be sufficient. If you were copying a show or movie from one to the other, yes, then it would be painfully slow.

Good news on the enabling fee and our ability to use our own drives. Charlie pleeeeaaaase make it soon. Gotta 1T just waiting.

Charlie said the 1TB models currently weren't compatible but they would issue a software fix at some point.

Questions I'd like asked:

1) Is the "mid-year" release date mentioned in the news conference for the new 22-1 receiver - i.e. any chance for a software release sometime soon that would enable external storage?

2) Any chance we can stream from one receiver to another with the Ethernet connection?

Questions I'd like asked:

1) Is the "mid-year" release date mentioned in the news conference for the new 22-1 receiver - i.e. any chance for a software release sometime soon that would enable external storage?

2) Any chance we can stream from one receiver to another with the Ethernet connection?

1) ?!?

2) I read somewhere (don't recall) that you should be able to between the VIP series receivers.

No. He is talking about just purchasing a regular internal hard drive and then putting an enclosure kit on it as opposed to paying too much for an "external" drive.

Correct, it is about 80 bucks cheaper last I checked and you can always "swap" drives out of the enclosure.

Great example of why your own enclosure is nice.

Last edited:
Yes. It would be nice if they rolled it out in Feb, then the s/w update & 1TB fix in mid year. Get it on the street!

...Great example of why your own enclosure is nice.
"The CinemaStar version of Hitachi's 1TB drive, which is slated to be released sometime in the second quarter of 2007, will have optimized capabilities for DVR recording applications, such as adaptive error recovery and "bedroom quiet" acoustics. All that extra space should be more than enough to deal with high-definition (HD) programming; 1TB can hold about 250 hours of HD video, which beats most of today's TiVos."

I'll take one these please :hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts