Dish network cancellation fees

I miss the very important information during weather emergencies... we've had several in the past 2 weeks........

I pick up all of the locals I am suppose to receive in my DMA. So I get all the ones that show up on Dish along with all the sub-channels. I get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ION, PBS and some other one I can't remember. It might be the CW or something like that.

The great thing with Dish is that they have an over-the-air module that will integrate those locate channels right onto the receiver so I can also record them on my DVR. It's an added tuner.

Make sure that your dish is pointed correctly. I am in Nebraska and it will take a really HEAVY storm to loose signal and then it is only for a short time usually. I have a local antenna too and that is the backup

Like Nebugeater I also live in the Midwest. I'm in Eastern Iowa and we've had plenty of bad storms this summer. My signal will go out at the beginning of a bad storm and then it's back again within 10-20 minutes. During that period I switch to my antenna and watch the weather.

The great thing with my Dish is that when the signal goes out it will be back shortly and it something is more serious I can have it fixed in a day or two. Typically with cable companies, at least Mediacom in my area, is that when their service goes down it affects an entire neighborhood and it's out for a week. And usually these customer have their phone and internet all through them too so it's all out at once. I know because this happened to my uncle twice in the last year.

How often does it go out? If it is like every time it rains you might need to be reaimed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's only during severe weather..

Well that's going to happen with any satellite provider, no way around it unfortunately. I would consider the antenna route before switching to cable. I only say this because I hate cable, lol. You can switch to cable if you want but make sure you don't have to sign a contract so you can come back to Dish after 60 days if you don't like.

Well that's going to happen with any satellite provider, no way around it unfortunately.
And don't forget... where do the cable companies get most of their channels from? You guessed it satellite. :)

If you are having an issue you dish could just be a pinch out of alignment. In fact if you ever got to see some of these reaims you would be shocked to see how small the movement was to get it aimed dead on. We had a few good storms this week and didn't lose satellite. (Although I thought we were going to lose power) :D

By the way the fta guys talk c band has little to no rain fade. I believe most cable head ends use c band.

Just remember. When Sat service is interrupted, it's usually only a matter of minutes. With Cable, it could be a matter of hours...or days. Lightning in the area took my Mom's cable last year, 18 hrs to fix.
Get an antenna...best advice.

I pick up all of the locals I am suppose to receive in my DMA. So I get all the ones that show up on Dish along with all the sub-channels. I get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ION, PBS and some other one I can't remember. It might be the CW or something like that.

The great thing with Dish is that they have an over-the-air module that will integrate those locate channels right onto the receiver so I can also record them on my DVR. It's an added tuner.

Agree, but not completely . I am a Dish fan but not all subchannel guides are provided by Dish, it marks them Adults Only so not only do you not know whats on, but if you have parental locks, you will have to enter a password to see them each time. And currently the latest Hopper firmware has broken the ota guide/name based recording capability.

For local OTA viewing/recording- cable/directv/prism/fios/Uverse are all better at it than Dish.
Dish can easily fix this I'm sure, but I wonder why they don't.

Its not marking them as adults only, its marking them as No Rating. So it blocks them because it does not know whats on.

But yes they should fix this issue. :)

I think there's a slight difference between the 2-4 meter (minimum) dish cable companies are using and the 22"(?) at our houses.:)

That may be but it's still a huge pain when your TV, internet and phone is all down because you have everything bundled and the cable company has an outage. No pay TV provider goes without outages or need of service. You just have to think of which one provides the best service and the fastest.

Regardless of having satellite or cable, I would still have an antenna though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts