Dish Network in the Caribbean

Nop ,By a LEGAL accounts with DN:)
We as Contractors or Retailers don't condone hacking in any type, shape or form

We can get the signal but no video. An FTA box I believe can see the signal strength on any DVB TP which dish use. But I have seen people who are usinf FTA boxes to get Dish for free in the caribbean. I have three dishes. One (180cm Prime Focus) is on AMC4 (and I notice A&E in on there now), one (180cm channel master) is on G10 and the other (ITB 120cm) is not up. Maybe when i put one of the 180cm on T5 andt one will go to AMC4.

I am not condoning hacking but in the Caribbean it a big thing even the Cable companies do it for I can see Dish programming on my Cable TV and I know for a fact that they use FTA receiver since when in bad weather I see the no signal similar to mine when I have bad weather.

I was told that you can get channels of 9 TP on 110 and all of 61.5 in the Southern Caribbean where I live. I love my Christian channels and I can get that from Dish.

We are not talking about illegal reception or account stacking. I am working with Technoguy on it. Dish has to do something about FTA receivers being able to receive the pay programming. I was, for the longest while, the only trumpeter here, and took alot of flack for it.

Now they turn on legit dealers and tell them they can not stock FTA receivers. You call that retreat and surrender.

We are not talking about illegal reception or account stacking. I am working with Technoguy on it. Dish has to do something about FTA receivers being able to receive the pay programming. I was, for the longest while, the only trumpeter here, and took alot of flack for it.

Now they turn on legit dealers and tell them they can not stock FTA receivers. You call that retreat and surrender.

I remember gave you some heat from that matter:)
But it is true we are trying to help some of you on the Caribbean,We hope we can achieve this task,For that reason all of you with real interest contact Dish-Direct and tell him what part of the Caribbean you are, No promises but we'll try to help you all.:)

The problem in the Caribbean especially we in the southern part is that you would have to purchase atleast a 2.4m dish to get quality signal and that way too expensive (minimum US$1550 for a 2.4m offset dish). Maybe they can have 4 or 5 spot beans to the Caribbean, I understand the spot beam for Puerto Rico can be received with a 120cm antenna at 70-80% quality.

There is a market in the Caribbean and hope Dish Network can take advantage of that.

The problem in the Caribbean especially we in the southern part is that you would have to purchase atleast a 2.4m dish to get quality signal and that way too expensive (minimum US$1550 for a 2.4m offset dish). Maybe they can have 4 or 5 spot beans to the Caribbean, I understand the spot beam for Puerto Rico can be received with a 120cm antenna at 70-80% quality.

There is a market in the Caribbean and hope Dish Network can take advantage of that.

Actually there's 4 spotbeans for the Caribbean , Only 1 is online(tp25) so the plans to develop this region is on Echostar plans. Unfortunately you are correct, People outside our coordinates need to buy bigger dishes in order to get svc.

in caribbean in st maarten. well just about everyone has dishnet here. some legal through the grey market.. basically sub at a usa address and have just one box per account so they are not likely to be audited. the big joke is we have a dishnet installer here who drives around a van with dishnet and directv logos on the side and has the logos at their business..they activate new subs.. or have contacts in the usa do it..

then there are lots of others who have the hacked dishnet version and really dont care as its not against the law here..

Also....i went to Tunisia this summer and everydoby there has satelites. Many of the dishes i saw had the name Echostar.

Echostar Europe supplies various satellite equipment to various places throughout Europe and Africa... not Dish Network, yet Echostar equipment to view another sat system.

i am talking about walking into a satellite business that says dishnet on the door and saying you want the everything america package. they take your info and sell you a receiver and come and install a dish and you get whatever channel package you pay for, except you are in st maarten. not a us territory.

Was just down in the Riviera Maya of Mexico and the condo I had had Dish Network. Seems about half the channels didn't work. Got NY locals and still had ESPN's ... so the bowl games were great.

Most of the places we have stayed in Western Mexico have been using Star Choice out of Canada

Star Choice has lots(almost all) of US channels including Network Locals out of East and West Coast. They said it was because they have a bigger footprint and lots of Canadian owners.

Maybe that would work on the islands also.