Dish network VIP722K in a cruise tv antenna in my rv from a newbie

cobb 30066

Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
marietta georgia
I have searched unsuccessfully and apologize if this has been previously addressed. I am a Dish network customer with a VIP 722K receiver. I just bought a used Rv with a Cruise TV DBS-30500 mobile satelite system. I have tried and had no success in hooking it (722K)up in the rv. Some internet research told me the rv system is no longer supported and I am out of luck getting it to work. I also have an old DP301 receiver from a previous life sitting in the garage. Would that work with the RV system? Can I activate the receiver on my current account as an additional receiver? Should I just get a tripod mount current antenna (what model would I need) and hook up to that and abandon my RV setup? I would really like to have my satellite service onthe road or at the campground but I am cluelsss as to how to do this. Thanks for any advice. :eek:
Patrick

Don't know the status of a Cruise TV DBS-30500 so we will talk in general.

Do you have any indication of what the Cruise was used for before (Dish or DirecTV)? If it was for DirecTV, the manual says there is an Echostar (read Dish TV) adapter that is needed.

When you say it doesn't work, some more specific information would be useful.

Since you have a 722K, you would probably like to have HD channels. For an automatic roof dish, your best choice is a Wine Trav'ler SK-1000. It is not a dome so it is not an in-motion dish but it is a Dish Pro 1000.2 and a very good unit.

As for a ground dish you would be better reading about the equipment that makes life easy at RV Satellite TV.

I don't know what the dish was used for in the past. I was hoping I could somehow changs the "pickup" on the dish to work with my dish network receiver and just use the Cruise tv mechanics to move/align the dish on top of the rv. This is probably way more complicated than it needs to be.
I will check out the RV sattelite tv site for more info.
Thanks.

Do a search and find the manual on the web, then look for the Echostar adapter. That should tell you how it was set up before.

More follow up. After checking around, this dish uses a Serial Port cable to control the dish. The current receivers do not a Serial port, so usisng the Cruise Dish is pretty much out of the question.

New rood dish or a tripod setup.

That makes sense. Since it is a defunct system any way I may try to control the drive motors with switches manually before I destroy it and remove from my rv. Hello tripod!
Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)