Dish- New Customer Equipment Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

C4dishguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
United States
Noob here trying to come back to Dish. I need 3 Hoppers and have purchased the third to satisfy Dish requirements. Next oddity is that Dish is telling me only one HWS is allowed per household. My proposed equipment package now consists of two H2Ks and one HWS.

If I'm to believe the forum posts completely, the HWS contains better technology for faster executions. Why, as a new/returning customer, should I settle for potentially less of an "experience" on two boxes??

I have been in chat w/Dish till I'm slap-happy and ready to cancel the service call due soon. Wise ones, please explain what I can and cannot get away with here. Thanks

Last edited:
Dish will give new customers with good credit 1 HWS and 1 H2K and some Joeys for free. If you want the second to be HWS you have to pay, I think it's $50.

If you have a good local retailer that does their own installs you should call them for the best deal.

Let me provide more detail. I'm familiar with Hopper and Joey. I cannot use Joeys. I'm looking for an all-server install. I know about the special request for the 3rd Hopper and that is done. The 3rd is paid for. I'm being told that a more than one HWS system not allowed. Why they are forcing two H2Ks on me is baffling. I want the latest/greatest upfront, not in some upgrade promotion later. In other words, is there a way around to get three HWS in a new install? Again, I know about the special request bit to get three servers tied to the same account.

We installed a 3 HWS system last week. It cost the customer a little but it was no problem processinng the order. If Dish is telling you that you can't do it then call a local retailer, if you have a good one. If you don't then start a conversation with a Dish representative (DIRT) that you can find in the Helpers section in the sidebar in red letters. I think Jason is online now.

^Thank you. I'm actually on the phone now trying to fix this. I like your idea of a retailer. If this fails I'll be back here taking your advice. So far, I've got two HWS units on the ticket (this guy is on the ball). The third customer-purchase they can't find in the system currently. It's there, just not showing on the service ticket. I hate being a noob, this is the reason why I'm in the mess.

OK, off the phone. Lots of collaboration between departments but the customer service guy informs me that all three units coming will be HWS. I wish this could be in writing but that seems to take an act of god to get. 9 times of 10, reps told me it is not policy to issue more than one HWS on a single account.

I hope it works out OK for you. That one HWS policy that they told you is BS.

You should only use the regular phone reps or chat as a very last resort. First choice is a good LOCAL retailer, second choice is the Dish Internet Response Team or affectionately called DIRT, and the last resort is the phone reps. :)

This must be my lucky day. Dish system blew out the confirmation email to me showing directive to install all 3 HWS. Previously, I've had Customer Service tell me that is hard to invoke from their end.

Don't forget to get that additional savings and use a referal certificate. If you had a clean account for longer than 60 days, you should be able to qualify. $50 to both parties.

Moving forward, how many runs of coax are needed for a 3 receiver system? I have three at the mount already. Will the tech use a DPP44? If so can this mount on the backside of the dish mount??

Depends on what kind of receiver, and whether WA or EA, if WA, 3 cables. If EA there is a chance he uses a switch. Each port on the DPP dish lnb can handle two tuners.

Right. WA here and will be going in with three HWS units. This is a centralized install of the receivers heading into a matrix video switcher then off to displays. I will be involved with the install so trying to pave the way so as not to turn this into 5hr. extravaganza.

Right. WA here and will be going in with three HWS units. This is a centralized install of the receivers heading into a matrix video switcher then off to displays. I will be involved with the install so trying to pave the way so as not to turn this into 5hr. extravaganza.
Oversee of course, but don't try to micro-mange the installer.

Reactions: JSheridan
He will need 2 DPP44's or a DPP44 and a DPP33.

If he doesn't know that then beware!

Call a local retailer. :)

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts