Dish paint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bearfootedfox

Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Do i paint my dish (8ft)with any type of flat paint or a special type of paint? The dish was put in about 1986.

Water based latex paint doesn't stick that well to fiberglass or metal. Enamels or epoxy are the longest 'living' IMHO. You doing something special like camouflage or a large Smiley Face?

Reactions: bearfootedfox
Water based latex paint doesn't stick that well to fiberglass or metal. Enamels or epoxy are the longest 'living' IMHO. You doing something special like camouflage or a large Smiley Face?
No the dish faded over the years, but that something to really think about,I do like the ideas.thanks very much.

Just make sure you get the color right.

White or black for C-Band (grey for a Paraclipse)
Only Grey is allowed for Ku Band

ANY neutral color is fine. As long as it doesn't reflect enough sunlight to fry your lnb. I have never seen a BLACK dish, and I wouldn't recommend that paint color due to heat absorption and possible dish breakdown.

Reactions: bearfootedfox
GREAT,I have now great ideas from all of yous,I'm sure glad i found this site. and sticken to it. thanks very much!!!

black absorbs tons of heat, and dishes point south (+or-)
i would bet fibreglass would warp under such heat.
and on the other side of things, if the dish is too reflective, it can bake your lnb. (think solar oven)

Black will help melt ice/snow in the winter on metal dishes. Would not go darker than neutral gray for fiberglass dishes.

And darker color not only help met ice/snow in winter but all year round abosrbes more light protecting LNBs from sun "tanning".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)