DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

Some interesting things in those attachments.
First off, the DishLatino packages aren't going up anywhere near the other packages are going up. Can we get a class-action discrimination lawsuit going on this? Just kidding!

Second, Dish America Silver & Gold are disappearing. They weren't that great of deals in the first place, but it did spare people from scrolling through a lot of crappy sd-only channels.

Third, why the $10 increase for AT120+? Will there be any more channels in it compared to now? Otherwise, why would anyone sign up for it?

Fourth, a $1 increase in dvr fee isn't that bad. $7 for a dvr that works for two different tv's is a deal compared to what other providers are doing. I was really worried that Dish would charge an "extra tv" fee on my 722K.

Oh, and you people who get AEP, unless Dish added BB@Home, you just got screwed.

All I can say is I will seriously look over my package and see what I can live without. I'm lucky since I live in an area that has a lower-cost cable over-builder. A cable-card tuner upgrade to my HTPC would pay for itself in about a year.

Last edited:
So now the jump in price from 120 to 120+, for basically the regional Fox sports channel, is $10 rather than $5. That is somewhat telling, as it's price has doubled.

But now the 120+ to 200 increase is only $5! Bargain! :)

Yikes - that AT120+ price hike is something else... I used to upgrade to 120+ and the sports pack for BTN in college football season, and was actually thinking about doing it for some basketball this year as well. That price increase is ridiculous though.

I can live with the $5 increase to AT250. No way I'd keep AEP after a $15 increase, if I had it.

I am already down to Dish America Pack. I guess I will get rid of a 211 to break even on the increases. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford any increases.

Well, I have AEP and I just fixed mine! I had a 722k, 622 and a 612.. Just called them and canceled the 612 ($10/mo) and my Replay/TV Integration charge! They are even sending a box for the 612.

Net increase they see from me is $1.

I have a question:

For the credits, what if you activated 12 years ago? Do you qualify for the $10 credit or is the credit only good for people that activated in 2012?

Did I read wrong or did the second page say if you have 120 or above and were a sub anytime before Jan 2013 you will get a 5 dollar credit for 18 months? So if you activated after March of this year you get 10 bucks off?

Last edited:
So let me get this straight: I'm an AEP customer since 2006. I have the 10$ HD add-on, but I am not charged for it on the bill (got the free HD for life with my Hopper upgrade). Therefore I am not eligible for either credit since I have the HD add-on and activated prior to 3/1/12. Talk about no love for the AEP subscribers!

I've loved AEP, but for that big of an increase I'll certainly be dropping back one or two tiers.

Didn't some or most of the Premiums go up this year...which were not passed on up to AEP...perhaps the reason for about $10 of the $15???

Mike123abc mentioned in the pub it would alleviate the price increase for AEP if BB@home were included. I couldn't agree more + it would give due justice to the name itself "Americas Everything Pak".

i'm going to wait for the bill and then decide. since i'm paying $10.00 for HD add-on, maybe the fee is going to be removed and my increase will be only $5.00, but don't know if any of those credits will apply to PR AEP's subs.

HBO went up recently to $18/month.

Only on Dish as best as I can determine. Of course, that may mean that it will be that price on all the others when they do their price increases.

As to the AEP going up $15, it could be that either BB@Home or Sports Pack is being rolled into it. I can't figure out why it would go up that much otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)