DISH Rebates - Redemption Nightmare

Mine now says Processing and Error(s): Invalid Account Number

I'm sure I entered it correctly. What do I do or do I expect?
Also the bill copy sent has the 16-digit account.
Is this just a run around? I want my $100.
-Ken

P.S. why doesn't Dish handle this as they have all the info? Just hoping you won't get it?

Got the same message, but I did not put any account number in the blank on 7 August as I thought as an AT&T customer I do not have a E* account number. So I call CS on Saturday and after 45 minutes and 3 other CSRs the American English-speaking CSR tells me my AT&T acccount number for the new form. The thing that makes me mad is that he is reading the info about my rebate on his comptuer screen and said the rebate should have been processed if the rebate center would have checked my phone to access my acccount number. I even included a copy of the install paperwork with my AT&T account number highlighted. Yes, they will do anything to get you to forget about the rebate.

Mine also now says Processing and Error(s): Invalid Account Number
called and they checked i did enter correct account number they told me give it more time wait a few days they said what a hassle

Just checked again today. It says my $1.00 was mailed! At the bottom though it says Mailed 0, Amount $1.00 , Date Blank

Mine has gone back to the $1.00 check mailed for the second time in a week.

It is just possible since I was due two $100 credits for two DIU receivers that the two "$1.00 check mailed" messages are what their screwy web page says when a rebate has been approved and sent on to Dish accounting.

I think I'll go with that explanation for a week or so and see what shows up on the "my account" pages at dishnetwork.com.

Mine no longer says Processing and Error(s): Invalid Account Number
That line is missing but it is still at the same stage 2 of 5, Processing.
I guess that is hopeful.
-Ken

Same here.

I should have a $10 for 10 credit for the AT100 package and another $10 for 10 for Dish HD programing.

It says they mailed a $1 check, no mail date, but it said it was sent. Noting received in the mail, and no credit on the bill!

-Scott

It says they mailed a $1 check, no mail date, but it said it was sent. Noting received in the mail, and no credit on the bill!

-Scott
Of all the things "check mailed " on that screwy web page could mean the one I'm sure it doesn't mean is that a real check was actually mailed to anybody.

Processing and Error(s): Invalid Account Number was removed yesterday error back today i know i gave corrrect number cause i called last friday and they said i had given correct number ????

Good news for me.

I just spotted "HDBONUS CREDIT 1 of 10 -10.00" in the "recent activity" page of "my account".

How I just need the two hundred smacker DIU receivers credit and I can quit b**ching

It has been 51 days since I sent in my rebate paperwork.

Processing and Error(s): Invalid Account Number was removed yesterday error back today i know i gave corrrect number cause i called last friday and they said i had given correct number ????
Same here on "Error(s): Invalid Account Number" except where does one call?
-Ken

Same here on "Error(s): Invalid Account Number" except where does one call?
I called customer service but it was a waste of time. However if you read this whole thread you'll see everyone gets the invalid account number message and it eventually goes away on it's own so just keep checking and hang on a few more days.

call 1-888-873-3245 the number on bottom of rebate

I agree with Steve4810 -- calling the above number is pretty much useless. I've always gotten a nice, easy-to-understand operator at this number but they typically can give no more information than the inquiry website.

As another update to mine, I keep seeing the status change on the inquiry website. One day it said "invalid account"; a later check stated that it was still processing; then it's back to "invalid". I also have another rebate showing that my $1.00 check has been mailed -- but this, too, has changed back and forth over the past week. One of these is also showing a rebate postmark of March, 2008 which, uh, hasn't happened yet.

Again, this rebate process is such a fiasco!!

I've been with Dish 10 years or so. I've done my share of whining and complaining, and I absolutely despise rebates. However, the Dish rebate check for my 622 showed up within a month, and the monthly credit took about 3 months. ...best rebate experience I've ever had.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Rebates are generally designed to "break", but Dish's seem to be better than the average.

Today the rebate query page showed that they had mailed me a check for $1.00. What?? It also said the account number was wrong but it showed up right.

I went for the on line chat option a few minutes ago and the guy wasn't very assuring saying something like "if you filled it out right you have no problem and will get the credits". Yeah, right.

If I had an ulcer it would be acting up now.

Anybody had the rebate status page come up with "$1.00 check mailed"?
Just checked mine and I also have a $1.00 check coming!

I would be happy to get a $1.00 check as they are saying they have no record of my submission. I called the 888 number today and they gave me another address to resend the forms to.

70th day update

Hey kids, it's now been 10 weeks since my rebate request and I've still got zilch.

I just finished an online chat with Dish support and guess what? They are SURE I'll get the rebate but in the mean time they will forward my query to the proper department who will reply in a week. A WEEK! I guess the internet hasn't gotten to that department yet.

Of course they did ask me if I filled out the form right. (You're asking me dick-head? You have the form. You tell me. And by the way if there is a mistake let me know and fix it, OK?... But I didn't say any of that )

Any of you who posted here before have any news for us?

Still didn't get mine either. Every time I call they say, "Oh, it'll be on the next bill" and yet it never is. I am giving them one more month (next bill) and then I am really going to yell, threaten to cancel, etc.

This is nuts, it has been 4 months (for me) and at $20 a month they owe me, that is $80.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts