DISH Rebates - Redemption Nightmare

FINALLY...at long last my rebate is showing....

As the creator of this thread, I am happy to announce that I saw a line item on my online account I've been awaiting for quite some time:

10/15 10/14 $100 BACK CREDIT 1 OF 10 -10.00

So, persistence has paid off. But, it sure took long enough, didn't it? See the very first post in this thread for the details.

It would now seem that you cannot believe all of the status details that appear, then go away, then reappear again on the rebate inquiry website. I saw all of them during this long journey: $1.00 check mailed; invalid account number; invalid promotion date; etc

Best of luck and be persistent, guys and gals!! And emailing ceo@echostar.com eventually nets results!

Eric

No joy in mudville tonight.

11 weeks into this nightmare and I got the kiss off from on line chat buddy Alex G at the live chat on E*s web site (sorry dude, you missed the 60 deadline on your postmark. What a shame. You were SO close!).

As soon as I got my blood pressure down I called ( just like Alex G told me to when I asked for his supervisor). Then I got CSR Ann and she said, in essence, "tuff sh*t" so I asked for her supervisor.

While I was holding because her sup was on the phone with another customer(!) she said she'd give me a 10 X 10 credit "for the inconvenience" (I am owed a promised 2 X 100 bucks for upgrading two receivers).

OK, I was getting there but she absolutely refused to admit there ever was a rebate in the dishin-it-up program for SD receivers(one was HD and one was SD).

I guess my next move has to be the ol' "ceo@dish" letter.

Dish: Are you seeing this?

Forum buddies: Are you seeing this?

I say "No justice, no peace!" Lock and load and run to the sound of gunfire!

Our long national nightmare is over!

Or at least mine is. ceo email came through at the last second when EVERYBODY else had blown me off, or didn't even answer my emails.

Hang in there. You CAN win!!

Eventually.

To their credit DISH is currently giving away 6 mos of free HD programming as opposed to another mail-in redemption offer.

I never got my 622 upgrade programming rebate. That makes the 2nd rebate that E* never fulfilled for me. Over my 10+ years I did get other rebates and discounts. I'd estimate my success rate at about 80%.

Has anyone else gotten their rebate yet? (other then the 2 or 3 people above)

Still no rebates for me!

Not yet. Same stuff showing on the rebate site, "processing". However, I had an automated phone call saying that I was getting a 100.00 rebate and I didn't have to reply to the call. Last check on my account didn't show a credit yet, but I think it will come eventually since I got this call. Nick.

It has been sometime -- maybe next to never -- that I've experienced the kind of frustration I have had with trying to redeem the DISH rebate. I became a DISH customer on July 7. As soon as my first new billing statement generated just a few days later, I printed a hard copy; completed the redemption form as instructed and mailed. To make a long story short, I gave sufficent time for the rebate to begin processing -- I queried the rebate website and telephoned, too and it indicated "no activity". I mailed 2 more redemption forms, with the latter sent certified mail so that I would know a human hand had received it. And, indeed I received the post card by return mail with a signature indicating the redemption form arrived at its destination. Again, I gave sufficient time for my form to begin jumping through its hoops. I checked for rebate activity, and still none. I finally emailed ceo@echostar.com on August 30. Within a day, I had a reply with an apology and a note that the credits would be automaticallly added and that I should see them on my next billing statement. My next statement generated September 22 and there were no credits showing. I have replied to the email I received from ceo@echostar.com so I will update you on how this transpires. Any other suggestions or has anyone else dealt with this rebate hassle? I love my DISH programming, DVR, etc but this rebate hassle and their customer service is far from lovable.

Eric
rebates suck. They are a ripoff. In fact if a store runs adds with salke prices that include rebates, I won't shop there.

Not yet. Same stuff showing on the rebate site, "processing". However, I had an automated phone call saying that I was getting a 100.00 rebate and I didn't have to reply to the call. Last check on my account didn't show a credit yet, but I think it will come eventually since I got this call. Nick.

I received an automated phone call but mine said that uhh, golly darn, an error had been found and it would be on my next statement. Yeah, right.:rolleyes: GGRRRRR!!!!:mad:

Ed

Well, I was watching the Dish $100 rebate for adding high-speed internet.

So, I figure I should be prepared to face this same aggravation??

Maybe I should just go directly to Wild Blue instead.

All of mine have worked out right so far, BUT the whole reason of doing the mail in rebate, and dragging it out so long, is that most people will give up and then they get to keep your money. This applies to EVERY rebate offer you see no matter who it's from.
Last week I called up to do the HD upgrade offer. After yelling at several barely-english speaking CSR's I managed to get transfered to the ERT (I think) dept.. Spoke with an american guy finally. I told him i was unhappy with the fact that I (as an exhisting sub) had to shell out $199 for the HDSTB when noobs where getting it for free. He tried to sell me the rebate plan, saying that in essence I was only paying $49.99 for the unit as i would get rebates and credits over the next 10 months.. I said, why don't we just simplify this whole process and you just charge me $49.99 and keep your rebates.. After a few minutes of polite discussion of his options and the real reasons for doing rebates (see above) he agreed to charge me $49.99, give me an instant credit of $149.99 on my bill, and send it out. :eek:
I was shocked, but now there's no worry of rebate hassles for me.. :D
You guys may try this type of approach next time you want an upgrade, maybe I got lucky, but it worked for me..

I was happy that my e-mail got the rebate that I was owed on my newest 622. However, the tone of the reply was that E* was doing me a favor, even though I provided all the correct information the redemption company did not take the time to check all the paperwork.

BUT the whole reason of doing the mail in rebate, and dragging it out so long, is that most people will give up and then they get to keep your money. This applies to EVERY rebate offer you see no matter who it's from.

Actually, that is the 2nd biggest reason. The first biggest reason is that they "pad" their gross value by retaining our money for the duration of the rebate. That looks good on paper. Makes stock holders feel all giddy. And, during that time, our money is sitting in THEIR banks, earning interest for THEM. So, the longer they take, the more interest they earn.

Ya gotta admit, someone earned their salary when they thought up mail-in-rebates!

Anyone else get theirs yet?

I sent mine in june, and still no reply!
I think it reasonable to conclude you're not getting it so you better get in touch with Dish and start the correspondence feud.

And remember as a last resort email Charlie directly.

And don't fall into the trap of them trying to put it on you.

A CSR on the phone ask me if I checked the correct box. I said "Sure!" but the correct answer should have been "Don't ask me. YOU have the forms."

And if they EVER ask if you have a copy of the forms the right response should be "Do I need one? I didn't know you all were so irresponsible that some one would need copies." or even "Why? Do you screw up THAT often?"

i ordered dish on august 10. activated on august 22. first bill was end of august. mailed in the rebate sept 4. i am supposed to be getting $10 off the AT100 package, and $10 off my HD package for 10 months.

the rebate status page says "last postmark is 8-14." well there's no way i could have post marked it before then, for obvious reasons. and as far as I know the rebate was still active when I ordered Dish.

it's been 9 weeks and I haven't got anything. It just says processing.

i ordered dish on august 10. activated on august 22. first bill was end of august. mailed in the rebate sept 4. i am supposed to be getting $10 off the AT100 package, and $10 off my HD package for 10 months.

the rebate status page says "last postmark is 8-14." well there's no way i could have post marked it before then, for obvious reasons. and as far as I know the rebate was still active when I ordered Dish.

it's been 9 weeks and I haven't got anything. It just says processing.
Don't waste your time talking to flunkys. email the ceo.

I have received two $10.00 credits on my last bills, but had not received the $99.00 rebates for two Vip-211 HD receivers. I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com and got a reply the same day saying I would be credited $198.00 on my next statement.

If you want action go to the top.

I received a call from Dish stating that do to an error my $100 rebate would not show on my next statement, but there would be a credit on the next statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)