Dish Security Conversion Schedule

Under your agreement with Dish Network you must have a phone line or broadband connected to your receiver at all times.

By having it hooked up the receiver reports home every so often and reports PPV purchases, signal levels, and its also possible to report back viewing habits.

Why didn't you mention the main reason, receiver location. As far as what if you don't have a land line or broadband, pay up the $5 extra per month for no phone hookup and if it's not a "no phone line" fee, well, they'll sock you for a "solo receiver" fee of $5 each per month. Thank you Dish Network, the king of the add-on fees.

Nick

I have 2 211's because I only have cell phones for my family and I wanted to avoid the fees as well. I would have to pay 12.98 in fees with a 622 and i only pay 7.00 for the additional 211 which is B.S why is it not 4.99 like every other reciever, it's B.S.

Attachments

• Dish DTV Card Swap.jpg
    Dish DTV Card Swap.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 243
Well my TVs started flashing the message. Called the number about a 5 minute process and they are supposed to be shipping out the cards. They looked on my account and they said that they had never mailed them. I have AEP+HD Plat+Sports Packages+Supers, needless to say I have a ton of programming and yet they do not bother to send out cards before they start the pop up messages.

One would think they would start with the customers that sub to the channels they are going to cut first. It is almost as though one division of Dish does not know what the other one is doing. I was out of town, so I supposed all day yesterday the popups would have been there. I guess if I was out of town and never called they would have simply cut me off and kept billing me.

OK, got cards for 301's 2 months or so ago, but NODA for 211K. No pop-ups that I've seen (though honestly, haven't been watching LOTS of TV lately) What up with that?

And as far as bye-bye hackers, LOL come now, you know people out there won't rest until they hack new security... wish it too, but know NOT going to happen. besides, sure there will be bugs and those "bugs" will allow access.

"It is almost as though one division of Dish does not know what the other one is doing."

That seems to be the case with everything this company does. If they only had better communication and better organization within the company, this company would be in better shape. They have a good product but man, management in this company is horrible.

Is it me or the pop up messages went away? That was very annoying getting a message every time you change to a channel.

The call center probably got overwelmed and they realized there were more cards needed than they could possibly ship in time...

If I had popup messages on my screen everytime I turned the channel for a while I'd be asking for a credit on my bill.

Just another brilliant idea from Dish Network. They removed the pop up messages from the HD channels and premium channels but not the Latino channels. If they remove Univision, it's bye bye Dish Network from me.

I'll have to pay Directv for new receivers but I will not continue to put up with this Mickey Mouse company.

Dish Smart Card Upgrade

Hi All

Called in on the day i noticed the pop up after transferred around from various departments being were with at&t dish network, so i figured that part was normal, got the card to be sent out, since family was like it was annoying changing with that warning pop up, which it was.

Anyways yesterday receive the card for the 622 Receiver, put it in, then it said call to activate, so i figured ok normal here also, called in, speak to nice english speaking lady, and get told Computer sent out this card, and i will be receiving another in the mail and the other one is the one i use. Asked her if i need to send this one back, and she said na you don't need to. Do i believe this rep on that?

Also got 2 more cards coming for our 311 receivers

Is there any way for at&t dishnetwork customers to use Dish network online, like viewing equipment we're leasing and such, activating online etc

Last edited:
"Is there any way for at&t dishnetwork customers to use Dish network online, like viewing equipment we're leasing and such, activating online etc"

NO. Even if you cancel ATT and go with Dish Network you will always be a second class customer with no online access. :(

As for myself, I have to give kudos to the CSR,s I've talked to in the last few days. First, I had a receiver that my daughter unplugged to save electricity that I needed to get rebooted. He was most helpful, and also told me about a beta 922, I believe it was a 922, that would cover 4 TV's. Said they were still working on the HD part for all 4, but thats why its beta. As for the smart cards and calling, yes I did get transfered from the first call and had to repeat everything to the 2nd CSR, but all went well, no problems, so we will wait for the cards. Thank you for your support. Holding breath for SPEED HD. Oh wait, I'm already blue and cold. I'm so in trouble then. :))
Boy! The CSR found a way to get rid of you, I guess. Receiver that connects four TVs and working to get HD in all four... May be he was working in his garage to bring in that functionality :)

The pop ups are gone after a couple of days but what is going to happen April 8th. I have two new smart card for my 622 they sent me in January and February which didn't work. I lost everything. When I took the card out, still nothing. I did finally get someone who knew what he was doing to put in a code on his end which got everything back without the smart card and all was fine until the other day.

Now they tell me my 622 isn't reading the card and I need a new receiver. Just like that. They don't care that I will lose everything saved on my 622 hard drive. The only thing that has kept me from going to Direct to get NFL and MLB, was losing all the programs on my 622 hard drive that I haven't watched yet or wanted to keep. I do have an external hard drive with about 300 MB left but it would take forever to try and move everything on my receivers hard drive to the EHD, not to mention new programs I added. The external hard drive is a great way to save some of the concerts on HDNET and the MTV/VH1 channel, which is why it's half full already.

Dish needs to get their stuff working before changing anything. No way anyone should lose all the programming they have recorded just so Dish can add better security. Maybe that's why the pop ups are now gone. Let's hope so, although I don't think anyone at Dish is smart enough to realize what is happening. If not, it should be very interesting to see the churn rate for Dish vs. Direct TV for this quarter.

If I lived near Denver I would buy a couple hundred shares of their stock just so I could go to their shareholders meeting and let everyone know a couple of reasons their stock keeps going down. How's this for a happy first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)