Dish sling adapter and slingbox.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You don't need to visually scan. Just use your browser's "find" function, and search for "finder" and "password" to get that info.

However, for me, I can't connect to the SA with either slingbox.com (it says I need to use Dish Remote Access) or the slingplayer app (says I need Windows Media Player codec). And, sling.com just takes me to dishonline. So, I'm not sure how others are connecting to their SA's with anything other than DO and/or DRA.

Did you try dish.sling.com? That is how I log in to DRA, at least until it changes to Dish Online. Of course, they have had that warning message of DRA becoming DO for quite some time now! I logged in to DRA a few minutes ago and did what ThomasTrain suggesed and found my finder id and password right away. I did not find it doing a view source when logged in to DO however.

Did you try dish.sling.com? That is how I log in to DRA, at least until it changes to Dish Online. Of course, they have had that warning message of DRA becoming DO for quite some time now! I logged in to DRA a few minutes ago and did what ThomasTrain suggesed and found my finder id and password right away. I did not find it doing a view source when logged in to DO however.

I tried to register my rcvr on dish.sling.com and it wouldn't let me.

slingbox.com

how are you guys using slingbox.com? I haven't been able to figure it out.

edit: Huh...figured it out...works well so far...

edit: and then it stopped...no video signal...go figure because it's setup much better than DOL.

Last edited:
how are you guys using slingbox.com? I haven't been able to figure it out.

edit: Huh...figured it out...works well so far...

edit: and then it stopped...no video signal...go figure because it's setup much better than DOL.

I'm like reading... and then hit edit ... and then edit again. :)

Sorry you all have had issues.. yes.. Sling.com redirects.. you have to use "dish.sling.com"
or use the old URL before dish Removed it.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processSatTimer.do

don't try to "copy" the url from the thread, right click it, open in new tab or new window ... *THEN* you can copy the URL .. the visible URL here on the BBS software is mangled and copies the *mangled* form.

Your finder & password should appear encoded within the text at Dish Online, after you've logged in, gone to your "My Recordings" section, and then for me I usually right click in the white space/gap between the "Refresh" button on the page ... and the image of the DVR which is above that button. upon Right Click .. View Source / Edit source, what ever your browser gives you.. then as was said already.. use "FIND" in the source/text editor.

EDIT ... I just tested again ... and your DVR list doesn't even have to be filled in ... but the actual password field is after this:
Code:
slingbox_password=

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processSatTimer.do

don't try to "copy" the url from the thread, right click it, open in new tab or new window ... *THEN* you can copy the URL .. the visible URL here on the BBS software is mangled and copies the *mangled* form.

Your finder & password should appear encoded within the text at Dish Online, after you've logged in, gone to your "My Recordings" section, and then for me I usually right click in the white space/gap between the "Refresh" button on the page ... and the image of the DVR which is above that button. upon Right Click .. View Source / Edit source, what ever your browser gives you.. then as was said already.. use "FIND" in the source/text editor.

EDIT ... I just tested again ... and your DVR list doesn't even have to be filled in ... but the actual password field is after this:
Code:
slingbox_password=

Thanks TG2, I just accessed the DRA and it works best of the three IMHO. So my question then is why fix it if it ain't broke? If DRA works as well as it seems to why reinvent the wheel? Why not just develop DishOnline separately and use a link from the DRA site to access it? Just my two cents. Oh, but I do like the virtual remote on the slingbox.com better than the buttons on DOL and DRA.

Dish IRT, can you suggest that DISH keep DRA alive? I like it much better than DOL. It seems to work smoothly and allows me to see the TV guide while watching TV on my computer which the DOL does not. And from what I've read here most ppl like DRA over DOL.

Last edited:
Yeah.. well <shurgs shoulders> its "DISH" ... what do you expect? LOL ...

I mean.. it makes some sense to have the all in one .. what makes *NO SENSE* is that it seems like when they programmed Dish Online .. they never told the programmers ... "Go here <dra> ... Make a list of all features ... now duplicate those features at D.O.!"

I mean.. like the "plays on TV1" bug ... how is it even remotely possible that bug still exists ... when the *feature* should have been copied from an already working DRA site.. and yet still at DO we don't have the physical and direct choice by the users for "Play on TV" / "Play On Web" or "Resume on TV" / "Resume on web" ..

and I think that is probably at the core of frustrations and anger with Dish .. is because *YOU ALREADY HAD THIS WORKING* WHY DIDN'T THIS GET COPIED!? ... and then when the customers (and I can't believe they don't have more than just *my* complaints) ... but when the CUSTOMERS then complain the same way ... "it use to work here but you didn't copy that to DO" ... at THAT point.. why didn't someone tell the programmers.. "oh yeah.. and we have these features over here.. that customers already know about, so lets duplicate that functionality in DO"

I'm reminded of the saying.. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome. And that's where dish leaves us.. at the loony bin wondering why why why..

:)

I'm reminded of the saying.. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome.

:)

Yep. Best you remember that.

Last edited:
Right click green receiver drop down in Chrome on Dish Anywhere website.
Goto Inspect Element
Goto Resources
Copy all data from local storage for dish anywhere under the row "receivers"
Paste data into wordpad
Locate
sling_admin_pw":"FOURTEENDIGITPASSWORD"
Paste 14 character password and copy it into an older version of slingplayer (Say 1.1.5).
Now you can remote in and change the sling rose name, change the password, change the remote access parameters, piss off Dish.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would toss some information. I got the sling_admin_pw and entered it into a slingcatcher. I connects then gets stuck on starting. It times out after a couple of minutes. Anyone get any further than that?

The receiver actually rebooted itself at one point. Since it's a Slingcatcher, there's no browser to change. Thanks for the response, though. I tried it with the Sling app in Windows and the Sling.com page. Both of them told me it was unsupported.

This is an old thread, but I thought I would toss some information. I got the sling_admin_pw and entered it into a slingcatcher. I connects then gets stuck on starting. It times out after a couple of minutes. Anyone get any further than that?
Sorry for not watching the thread, I do not know what versions of slingplayer are compatible, I do however know that I am using an older version I will edit when I have it to post.
That said if you are using another slingcatcher I'm not sure the protocols are the same. Someone smarter than I clearly hasn't taken any interest in coding a custom app using the libraries from an older slingplayer that is compatible either.

Again this works fine but Dish has discontinued their support in an effort to force people to use dishanywhere.com which unfortunately would require a WAN connection to access their servers which is f'in ridiculous for anyone in an RV trying to stream to a tablet or laptop over LAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)