Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
AZ
After 3 phone calls to Dish today the best deal we got was
because we had Dish before VOOM
$25.00 restartup fee
$49.00 for 2 month in advance
$300.00 for each HDTV receiver ( not HD_DVR )

never got to how much it would be for hdtv or voom programing
TOLD THEM WE WOULD GO TO DIRECTV IF THEY COULD NOT DO ANY BETTER
THEY SAID GOODBY AND HUNG UP
Hope for VOOM on Directv
bob
AZ
:( :( :( :( :mad: :no :mad:

I also am a Dishnet sub.

eBay has new HD Receivers (model 811) for $180 or so. Used are maybe in the $125 range.

Anyone have info on those?

I'm an existing Dish sub and they offered me an 811 for $100. Call back and try again, it's sad but sometimes you have to play CSR roulette. Maybe since you are reactivating it's a different deal for you.

Judybob....I heard that in June...there will be a BIG announcement from D*....be patient and go will a no commitment cable for a few months....depending where you are....you might even get offered a FREE HD DVR like I did from Adelphia

salsadancer7 said:
Judybob....I heard that in June...there will be a BIG announcement from D*....be patient and go will a no commitment cable for a few months....depending where you are....you might even get offered a FREE HD DVR like I did from Adelphia
Tell me it involves more that just HD locals and might include V21 and waiting I will do.

Dish has always been cruel to returning customers. I guess they figure if you left once you will probably leave again at any time. You can get the DHA lease agreement for a 2 year commit.

dish sub

all you have to do is give them your wife's name and a diferent phone number,
to start fresh... :cool:

Yes, shows you how the tides of customer service have turned when you see the cable companies are the ones doing it right. Cable is aggressively pursuing former customers with dish win-back offers that are excellent. E* treats former subs like a cheating ex. I can see requiring a commitment (even though Cable does not). Beyond that, you should be able to get the same offers anyone else would along with a heartfelt "welcome back".

When I first saw Voom was going to E* I kind of regretted not going back to DISH. Now, hearing all the csr nightmares I am happy to be sticking with Comcast. THREE (3) HD receivers and two of them are DVRs with a total bill much less than I was paying before with all of the premium channels.

If E* gives you a great deal then go for it. If not, I am sure that D* and cable will soon pick up the Voom offerings. None will let the other get too far ahead in the race.

I would never go to D*. Rupert uses underhanded tactics. He worked to aggressively kill C-Band and it worked.

gutter said:
I would never go to D*. Rupert uses underhanded tactics. He worked to aggressively kill C-Band and it worked.

Enjoy your cable. We luv Rupert. :yes

I just had E* installed about a week before Voom shut down. I used their free for all program to purchase a standard receiver as I had planned on getting my HD through cable. Then E* announced the addition of the Voom channels, so I spoke with a CSR to try an lease the 811. The CSR said I was not able to do that since I was a brand new customer and had signed up for the free for all program. They tried to get me to buy an 811/installation for 400 bucks. So I asked them to transfer me to the cancellation department. I spoke with a very knowledgable guy there who hooked me up with an 811 lease for a $50.00 equipment fee. He also gave me half off the HD Pack for a year. And I'm still getting the original 5 dollar per month credit for purchasing the SD receiver in the free for all program. So, it is possible to get around their "requirements". My argument was, I'm willing to pay you more money per month right now, why not let me?

It will cost a minimum of $149 up front to get the Dish deal started. They credit you $49 back after the first month but charge $100 for the Dish.

If you are persinsint you will not have to pay any money upfront, and if a member here gives you there referral code that will knock off the start up fee......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)