Dish with no deposit?

the existing card will work but there cannot be a balance on the account....otherwise you have to pay it before they'll activate it

Get the R & S#'s from the seller and verify with DIRT that it can be activated.....otherwise you will have a nice shiny doorstop

...and if the seller won't give you the numbers move on.

Can anyone tell me about the mounting foot for the 1000.4 being the same as a slimline? Don't wanna poke more holes in the roof, and the old foot has a tar sheet under it.

I really don't want to poke more holes in the roof than needed. I wonder if they still make a pole adapter.

Is it possible to switch equipment with Someone? .. I have a hopper and am totally unsatisified with dish as I just moved to Alaska and Dish does not supply HD channels above 200 here in Alaska which means no regional sports or any movie channels in HD which totally blows... So I really want to make the switch to direct... But had wallet stolen n August, and my credit score took a total dive, so D wants huge deposit and money up front for equipment,, I totally wish I could just trade what I have for a DTV setup ,,

dish is great but no HD is a deal killer

Okay, I've done alot of reading and here is what I have found.

There is DHA and DHA24.

DHA 24 has a 24 month commitment. DHA does not.

All I do is sign up for DHA24, and when the installer comes out, I initial that I don't agree to the contract. A fee of $99 will be charged to my account.

This will allow me to have a Hopper, and a dish installed. I don't get any discounts, but that is fine.

I'm getting fed up with misinformation.

I've talked to over 6 dish reps about getting service and all 6 of them told me something different.

From what I read, there is DHA and DHA24. DHA24 has a 24 month commitment, DHA does not.

One rep would not even admit DHA exists.

The other rep said I could get DHA24, and decline the commitment, but I would loose service. The other rep said I won't.

Two reps said there is no package discount for DHA, one said there is.

So I would like to have some solid information, so I can clear everything up.

1. Does both DHA and DHA24 exist?
2. Can I opt for DHA24, then DECLINE the commitment, and KEEP service?
3. One rep said I can then have the $99 billed to my account (instead of paying it with a CC, I don't want $100 charged to my card). Is that true?
4. If I decline the commitment, do I get ANY promotions whatsoever?
5. Are DHA customers eligible for a free Hopper?

I do want dish but I don't want to pay over $150 upfront. If I can get DHA24, decline the commitment, be charged 99 dollars to the account, which I can pay by check, I would be happy.

I DO NOT understand's Dishes fetish with using credit cards for everything. I never once had to use a credit card with Directv, and I had Two HD-DVRs.

I will cover this information with you once again:

1) There is technically only a DHA24 account. It reverts to a DHA account once the 24 month commitment has been completed. As a new install, it will be considered a DHA24 account either way.

2) You can initial on the contact that you "Decline Term Commitment" on the contract, which will mean a $99.00 fee will be applied to your account if you chose to cancel prior to completing the 24 month commitment.

3) If you chose to cancel before the 24 month commitment is completed, a $99.00 fee will be placed on the account and will be due immediately upon disconnecting the account.

4) Declining the Commitment term will not effect the promotions on your account.

5) If you qualify for the DHA24 account, you will qualify for the free Hopper.

DISH does require a credit card to qualify for the promotion. It has to do with the liability difference between checking and credit card accounts.

**EDIT** as pointed out, the way I answered is incorrect. There is a DHA account with no commitment that can be selected with a $99.00 activation fee due with the first months billing upon placing the order. No promotional credits are avialble with this offer and if you subscibe to anything less than AT120 it will cost $99.00 for the Hopper. Credit card and Social Security number are required for qualification. I apologize for any not expalining fully.

Last edited:
Okay . Thanks, just one last question.

If I sign up for DHA24, and get the programming package discount, if I decline the commitment, do I loose that discount?

I was told by an agent that if I decline the commitment, the installer will hound me to pay the $99 on the spot. Is that true?

merged the two threads together

please keep all the questions you have in one thread...it makes it sooooooo much easier to follow

Installation missed?

I was supposed to have installation come out between 12 and 5. I called dish around noon and they said the ETA is 3pm. So after waiting, I call them, and the ETA is now 4:30.

If your supposed to be installed today, do they make a commitment to do it, or do they just wait until tomorrow?+

I was supposed to have installation come out between 12 and 5. I called dish around noon and they said the ETA is 3pm. So after waiting, I call them, and the ETA is now 4:30.

If your supposed to be installed today, do they make a commitment to do it, or do they just wait until tomorrow?+

Are you saying "The Clear Winner" has missed a commitment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts