DishNet TV advert "no tv provider can sell you individual channels" - incorrect?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
DN are running a TV Ad about how flexible their packages there, claiming that no TV provider can sell individual channels.

AFAIK this is B.S. A-la-cart channels are available from SRL, some nice ones too (IMHO).

Am I missing something?

DN are running a TV Ad about how flexible their packages there, claiming that no TV provider can sell individual channels.

AFAIK this is B.S. A-la-cart channels are available from SRL, some nice ones too (IMHO).

Am I missing something?

Another Lie by Charlie to defame C band I'm sure. I guess he just don't get it. No matter what he try's he's never going to kill us off. Tuff luck Charlie! Open your eyes.

Yea, and when PCS cell phones came out, 10-15 years ago, they gave you free text messaging.
Now, texting is a profit center for them.

All the internet providers want you to get sucked into a 1-year deal, too.
Then, they raise your fee.

Why should Satellite-Charlie be any different? - ;)

nTelos now has a USB data card internet service with NO CONTRACT! You can get a 5GB deal for $40 a month or a 10GB deal for $50 a month. It's my understanding that Virgin Mobile also has a NO contract service and last time I checked, it was UNLIMITED for $40 a month.

Lone Gunman said:
nTelos now has a USB data card internet service with NO CONTRACT! You can get a 5GB deal for $40 a month or a 10GB deal for $50 a month. It's my understanding that Virgin Mobile also has a NO contract service and last time I checked, it was UNLIMITED for $40 a month.

In the UK you can get No Contract 3G data plans, they're not unlimited (yet) but dang they're useful!

Maybe, as the saying goes, this will come Full Circle too, it'll look & smell different, but the essence will be there - here's hoping!

If you watch the commercial he says "while no provider can sell you each channel individually" and that includes SRL.

While the W5 stuff is nice, having 16 channels that you can buy individually for a minimum of $6 a pop isnt what I'd consider "awesome" and the Pick 10 isnt even that good in my opinion. (I cant even find 10 channels in those I'd watch)
I guess if your viewing habits consist of 1 or 2 channels it would be nice but when I try to see what package I'd like I dont see anything that I'd want to go out and subscribe to. Maybe the "sports" offering but its not what I'd consider a sports package.

Back in 2000 I had Dish Network and they offered a pick your own channel package
correct. They discontinued that this past September for current subs. It hasnt been available for years. But that is when there were only 40 channels available (America's Top 40) and it was 1/2 the price of the package (DishPix was 10 channels for 10 bucks then was raised to $15. AT40 was 19.99 a month and you couldnt select Disney as an option)

If C-Band actually had some of the "more popular" channels then maybe it would be a better option. But I guess that has gone the way of the analog cell phone :)

Iceberg said:
If you watch the commercial he says "while no provider can sell you each channel individually" and that includes SRL.

"you each channel individually" vs "you channels individually" - I guess it's how I heard it.

Whether you find anything you like is down to personal taste, based on my interpretation of the Ad, it's inaccurate.

But I guess that has gone the way of the analog cell phone :)

I sure do miss my 3 Watt amps phone. (I heard :) It was fun back in the day when a scanner that was not blocked could pick up all those calls)

nTelos now has a USB data card internet service with NO CONTRACT!

I remember good old nTelos back when I was at Marshall in WV.

I think they have a Fios type product in some areas in VA.

Am I missing something?

I had the same reaction to that ad. But, C band doesn't exist.:rolleyes:

I had the same reaction to that ad. But, C band doesn't exist.:rolleyes:

Heard it again last night, starting to irritate me now!

The other thing about it, with the exception of Sports, the other channels "I may like" ARE available a-la-carte with HITS - Cooking, Nature.

And let's not forget, a lot of our so-called basic channels are PREMIUM channels with DN!

Heard it again last night, starting to irritate me now!

The other thing about it, with the exception of Sports, the other channels "I may like" ARE available a-la-carte with HITS - Cooking, Nature.

And let's not forget, a lot of our so-called basic channels are PREMIUM channels with DN!

Charlie is a lier, he don't want you to even know about C band. Would he have put so much effort to destroy it with YSP and NPS if he wanted us to know about it? He has wanted us out of the picture for sometime now. So far he can't kill us, all he does is change the rules we play by. We really are a thorn in his side, tuff!

Our basic channels are in the high tier packs on pizza, they plan it that way to make the most money. We can get them without a $70.00 a month bill, Charlie don't like that, once again tuff!

wallyhts said:
I sure do miss my 3 Watt amps phone. (I heard :) It was fun back in the day when a scanner that was not blocked could pick up all those calls)

I have a scanner here that tunes those frequencies. That used to be some great entertainment!

find me a commercial that IS accurate ;)
I agree they all lie.
Does anyone have a count of how many lies you can find on this website (see picture).:eek: TheyAllLie.png.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to enter the Audio, Video, Pcr on an Openbox receiver

Advice on buying/removing bud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)