DISHONLINE ISSUES

Well it was working for me for two days... but now it has stopped working again.

DISH REALLY NEEDS TO RELEASE A STAND ALONG SLINGPLAYER SO YOU CAN WATCH YOUR SLING ADAPTER AND 922!!!

Well it was working for me for two days... but now it has stopped working again.

DISH REALLY NEEDS TO RELEASE A STAND ALONG SLINGPLAYER SO YOU CAN WATCH YOUR SLING ADAPTER AND 922!!!

And there are so many 922 fanboys here allways sticking up for the 922 and the whole Sling disaster.....

I haven't tried DOL in a while, but after reading this thread I fired it up - connected first time to my 722+sling adapter and the first thing I noticed was, they brought back the onscreen remote! Maybe this a sign of things to come :)

edit : I spoke too soon. I went a played a DVR recording, no remote. Went back to live tv, no remote. It was there, I swear! Why does it only show up occasionally?

I haven't tried DOL in a while, but after reading this thread I fired it up - connected first time to my 722+sling adapter and the first thing I noticed was, they brought back the onscreen remote! Maybe this a sign of things to come :)

edit : I spoke too soon. I went a played a DVR recording, no remote. Went back to live tv, no remote. It was there, I swear! Why does it only show up occasionally?

What browser are you using and what if any addon's or plugin's are you running?

Well. I can see my recordings now on DOL, but when I click on the link to open it, it just jumps back to the top of the page!!! now can't open them. Dish engineering dept must hire the ones that flunk out....this is crazy. But like Scott, I can watch on my iPhone DRA app.

What do you guys recommend? I have to each evening reset my network connection in on my 722 and then seconds later I can connect from anywhere, web browser, iphone/ipad. Then it will work late into the night. Then next day I can't connect (on iphone and ipad it shows yellow DVR not GREEN). Then when I get back home I can reset the network connection again (do nothing else) and then it works again until the next day. Seems something is happening to my DVR each night (upon update???) that kills things and resetting the network connection makes no sense, because each time I reset it it grabs the same IPs. no changes. But it works again, just for that evening. If I try to do a web activation lately it just says failed to activate try later. Done that for days now. I should add that I am using a sling adapter on my 722

Knock on wood but I haven't had any problems since Thursday. Android, PC, and Ipad, all working properly. I even had a friend in Texas log into my account and try it, and it's working for him on an Android and his PC.

Seems like this is a hit and miss problem.

I got excited, I once again had a green light by my 922 name and my dvr shows were there, but when I tried to play one on my iPad, it took forever and then said "no data available". Also when I clicked on the remote icon, I got busy spinning circle saying "loading tv data", but I never got the remote control. So I guess they are working on things, but so far no cigar. UPDATE- the green lights gone out and it says I'm not connected.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, are you using Safari on your Ipad or did you download the Dish app through the app store? My wife downloaded the app and hasn't had any issues. I was at a customers house last week trying to use Safari on his Macbook and had zero luck.

satnewb said:
Just out of curiosity, are you using Safari on your Ipad or did you download the Dish app through the app store? My wife downloaded the app and hasn't had any issues. I was at a customers house last week trying to use Safari on his Macbook and had zero luck.

I'm using the Dish app. I don't think you can use Safari because it doesn't support flash.

This happens because the correct player configuration file hasn't made it down to your web sling player..

The webslingplayer is the same one used from Dish to Sling .. the difference is what remote its sent with or is told to activate locally .. or in the case of DISH ... to activate the buttons below the content window.

What do you guys recommend? I have to each evening reset my network connection in on my 722 and then seconds later I can connect from anywhere, web browser, iphone/ipad. Then it will work late into the night. Then next day I can't connect (on iphone and ipad it shows yellow DVR not GREEN). Then when I get back home I can reset the network connection again (do nothing else) and then it works again until the next day. Seems something is happening to my DVR each night (upon update???) that kills things and resetting the network connection makes no sense, because each time I reset it it grabs the same IPs. no changes. But it works again, just for that evening. If I try to do a web activation lately it just says failed to activate try later. Done that for days now. I should add that I am using a sling adapter on my 722
power cycle it in the morning before you leave.

if you wanted to trouble shoot you could always run a continuous ping from a home desktop or laptop computer and log in remotely during the day to check on it.. if its not a physical network issue on the port itself, then its possibly the receiver isn't sending outbound "hello I'm here" registration packets to dish/sling.

if worse came to worse, you could always get an old fashioned timer ... plug it into the wall .. plug the dish receiver into it, and have it powered off/on at noon every day....

I found at least part of my issue with my Dish Remote access. I had parental controls setup on my router which uses an alternate DNS. Disabled the parental controls and rebooted my router and now I can see all 3 of my receivers and access the Sling Player on the 722. My 922 is still showing firmware version of 0-0-0, so it still isn't able to sling, but i can view my DVR recordings and set recordings on it now. It is however almost like Remote access has to send a wakeup ping to the receivers. When I first go in and look at the receiver list they are all grey. Give it a minute or 2 and look again and they are all green.

I found at least part of my issue with my Dish Remote access. I had parental controls setup on my router which uses an alternate DNS. Disabled the parental controls and rebooted my router and now I can see all 3 of my receivers and access the Sling Player on the 722.
see now there's no way for people outside your connection to know such things.. and people would balk at Dish if they told you to reset the router to factory specs.. which would have corrected your problem too..

again... dish needs to build in a better toolset to test from the receiver with.

had there been a "test host" function from the DVR's side ... you would have gotten strange results back, and that would lead the tech down the path of "where did *that* come from?" .. :) Either way.. glad you found it.. hope the 922 gets right as rain too!

Have they officially dumped the sling extender in favor of the new xip receivers?

Ever since I upgraded my Macs to Lion, I have been able to consistently sling over my LAN with DRA and DOL in HD using FF6 from the 922. This had never worked before. No router settings have changed. Only worked using Safari hit and miss. It now connects in HD first time every time with both.

I am having many of the same issues others have listed here. When I use DO I can watch live TV and set recordings, but cannot watch recorded TV from the DVR. I have called Dish three times and all three times they send the issue up the the engineering team. The last time the broadband tech asked for my software version ID, but still having the issues. Glad to see its not just me, but they need a come up with a resolution. The sling adapter worked just fine the first 8 months, but has been of little use for the last month of so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)