DIY install help. Hr44 with hr23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrie

Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
Hi,
I currently have hr44 hooked up in my living room, and need to use my old hr23 in my kitchen. What do I need to do for this?
Thanks

So I need to add a splitter and run a line? Thats it? Thank you.
Does it need to be a special splitter or cable?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Corrie!

Tell us about your setup. Do you have a single cable from the dish with only a power inserter in line, or do you have four cables from the dish? If so, what type of swm switch do you have?

There is a cable that comes in to a swm 2 way splitter, one goes to something hooked to my router, the other goes to a swm power unit. That then goes to the hr44.

The thing connected to your router is the DECA. The HR23 should be able to be connected to it. Hopefully one of the installers will confirm that for you.

I think I have it figured out. I have the 2nd half of the DECA that was hooked to the hr23 before. I need to get a bigger splitter (4-8 way) and then go satellite in>splitter>power inserter>hr44. Then splitter>DECA. Then splitter>DECA 2nd half>e-net and cable to hr23.
Edit: do I need the DECA with the hr44, or will the connection between the Dvrs be made through the cable? Allowing me to just use the 2 way splitter I have?

I think the HR44 has a DECA built in. You should only need one for the HR23 and the one two way splitter.

So you think I can unhook the DECA part that goes to the router and just use the receiver portion of it on the hr23?

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with how the DECAs connect. Try a google search, or wait until one of the real installers checks in on this thread.

Thank you. The hr44 does have a DECA, needed to use the receiver side of the DECA on the hr23. I disconnected the DECA itself and used that output of the splitter to the hr23. Then had to turn the settings to allow whole home.

The HR44 has built in DECA. You will need the DECA for HR23 for Whole Home DVR and internet. You can connect the HR44 direct to router via ethernet, direct to the DECA via ethernet for HR23, or Wireless through the HR44 for internet access.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts