Do i need a Hopper?

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I am using a 722 now and only have one tv my neighbor went back to cable and has a Hopper i can get real cheap would their be any advantage for me to change to it.

Néed is hard to define, with only one TV, the Hopper has a 12 dollar fee. If you want updated UI, and faster speed and some bells and whistles you may want to move.

Though with one TV, 722 May be just fine for you and I don't really see the "need" to upgrade

Reactions: rodder
Biggist advantage to the Hopper is the multiple tuners. 3 sat tuners plus you can add the ota tuner, If you watch a lot of prime time tv, the Hopper can use 1 tuner to record all 4 networks.

Reactions: rodder
In reality, he's not "missing" anything. He can't miss it if he's never had it.... :p
There are two uses for missing. Longing for something lost is not the one in play in this context. This is about not availing oneself of the wealth of features that the Hopper could bring.

Such is not to say that everyone with an old school DVR would be happy paying more for the features that they find useful.

Plus if it is a HWS, there is the Netflix app as well. Not to mention for football fans, there is the game finder, and the espn fantasy football app to name a few.

I'm looking to reduce my bill, not increase it. I already own a SlingBox, and can't remember the last time it would have taken more than two tuners to record everything we want to see. The "app" functionality, we have computers and a AppleTV for that. And I'd rather skip commercials myself, on the off chance I actually want to see one. I guess I'll be keeping my ViP622 until it bites the dust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts